WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if you guys read or subscribe to fine watch magazines. Could you recommend some good ones? I see a lot out there, but I'm not familiar enough with them to know which are the quality magazines and which are not worth it.

Thanks a lot!
John

·
Super Moderator
16,551 Posts
Read? We sure do!

Two pretty good ones are WatchTime and International Watch. I prefer (and subscribe to) WatchTime. It acknowledges that there are watch enthusiasts other than those who just buy watches with 5 digits in front of the decimal point. It also has reviews of watches and usually at least one comparison (such as TAGHeuer Monaco vs. Omega Speedmaster).

Just as excellent is International Watch. Articles, in-depth reviews, great photography.

Chronos is supposed to be excellent, but it's not carried in Rochester.

Watch World is another one I know nothing about.

I believe there's a magazine called Orologi but I don't think it's printed in English.

Watch Journal is a mis-leading title as it's almost all full page ads and hardly any reading.

I also make an effort to get the yearly Wristwatch Annual and Watches International Annual.

Reactions: 9pm

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Two pretty good ones are WatchTime and International Watch. I prefer (and subscribe to) WatchTime. It acknowledges that there are watch enthusiasts other than those who just buy watches with 5 digits in front of the decimal point. It also has reviews of watches and usually at least one comparison (such as TAGHeuer Monaco vs. Omega Speedmaster).

Just as excellent is International Watch. Articles, in-depth reviews, great photography.

Chronos is supposed to be excellent, but it's not carried in Rochester.

Watch World is another one I know nothing about.

I believe there's a magazine called Orologi but I don't think it's printed in English.

Watch Journal is a mis-leading title as it's almost all full page ads and hardly any reading.

I also make an effort to get the yearly Wristwatch Annual and Watches International Annual.
I subscribe to both WatchTime and iW. Interesting note that WatchTime just published in their recent issue is that the average cost of collection for the readership is ~$90K, with a median household income of ~$320K.:eek:hmy:

·
Super Moderator
16,551 Posts
WooHooo! We're gettin' there...only $87k to go! :w00t::001_rolleyes::001_tt2:

I have to laugh. That thing about age is the only descriptor I have in common with the average WatchTime reader.

And if I kept all my mags, I'd have to build a new room onto the house and line the walls with bookshelves! :laugh:

Reactions: Wetworks

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I buy and read WatchTime. I would (and perhaps should) look into International Watch, but the watch and British car magazines that I enjoy are pricy, so I try not to overdo it. I like WatchTime because it is as glossy as glossy gets, but the reviews are still pretty feet-on-the-ground.

I never thought I would be so interested in reading about, and learning about, watches. In fact, even now I can hardly recognize myself as the guy who does this. I must be getting old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.