WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it truly has been a while. I remember my last post had to do with my invicta and how the bezel had come off. Now I am back to post on some greats news, at least for me. I have always been a great admirer of Omega and although my family is a Rolex family and love them to death, I never quite found myself falling in love with Rolex. Granted, Rolex's are beautiful especially the submariner which was the one that I was looking for. Nevertheless, my heart truly was with Omega and the seamaster line.

I just got off a cruise and this time I had planned, like my father did many many years ago, to go to St. Thomas and purchase an Omega. I went with the intention of looking for both the Seamaster 300m and the Rolex Submariner. I always steered away from the Planet Ocean--my true love--because I felt the price was to much. Well, when I walked in to see how much the submariner was I was :eek:hmy: I reconsidered and although I would have paid what they were asking for, I then realized, holding the Rolex, that it just didn't call my name out. It was sparkling like the SM and PO were. So, I went back and picked up my PO 2200.51.00. I am truly in love with it and cannot helped but look at it constantly.

I believe in Omega and although I am not one to sit back and argue and fight over which timepieces are better, I truly believe that the PO is a great buy. I bought it from Dean Bump who is a contributor to HR magazine (I believe). He was very nice and helpful and explained to me how the co-axial movement was a superior movement and one of a kind currently in the market. He also explained how I will have to only service it about every 9-10 years or maybe even more.

One thing I wanted to bring up was how does Omega truly stack up against Rolex and Breitling? I was told by a Breitling dealer that the only competition they have is Rolex and many believe they are superior to them. He mentioned that Omega is no where near. I am just curious.

I will be posting pictures later on. Once again thank you for reading this.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much guys, truly you have given me and my PO a warm welcome.

I love the Rolex submariner, but in deciding which one to take that day, the PO really spoke to me. I am truly in love with it, honestly.

Once again thank you and you will see many more PO pictures soon.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you timefinder for all the help.

I am using imageshack is that okay?

I look foward to posting more pictures, good ones, and seeing what you guys thinkg. I will now take a few seconds to go through the faqs. Once again, thank you everyone for such a warm welcome.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a question about the bezel that omega makes. Are they simliar to the ones that Rolex makes which are made out of ceramic? Are all Rolex bezels made out of ceramic?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Here is another one. I am not good with pictures of watches. This was taken with a huge lamp, my D200 and 18-200mm lense which is not a macro lense. It is not good at all, but just to show you guys another picture of my baby.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you guys. Nevertheless, I am not happy with it. The lighting is just killing me. I had the kelvin temperature set at 4300k I think for this picture. Anymore and it will come out even more yellow. I am going to go ahead and take a look at the tutorials for taking pictures of watches on this forum.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just a little update.

I have actually been keeping track of the watch as far as keeping time and I am somewhat bothered. I began comparing the PO against a quartz watch that I have and it is consistently +1 or +2 seconds which is find. However, I was comparing it to this time: http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java and it is about +5 to +6 seconds. I am a little worried.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.