WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a well dressed Wal-Mart shopper

Just a housewife out shopping in Alaska.

No permit required in Alaska for either open

(must be 18) or concealed (must be 21) carry.

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
:thumbup: And she's packin' some serious heat there too! Don't think we'll be seeing any "Housewife robbed/mugged in Alaskan parking lot" headlines anytime soon there if that's their standard housewife attire... :wink: :laugh:

And I'd bet 50-1 she can shoot it pretty dang well too. She just has that look... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My only concern with her choice is that she's not carrying it "cocked and locked" as is the proper way to carry a single action auto. Nevertheless, I applaud her weapon choice and attitude!

Reactions: Twitchy

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I just checked and the murder rate in Alaska is far below the national average. My own state, Iowa, has just about the lowest murder rate in the nation and, believe me, we have lots of guns. Coincidence ? Yeah, Right !

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Unfortunately this photo is being used as propaganda elsewhere too. I'm not sure if she's really from Alaska or not, but I've now seen this same pictures used on Facebook saying "The new "Open Carry Law" goes into affect today in Oklahoma. How do you feel about this?" and of course it's causing 'alarm'.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately this photo is being used as propaganda elsewhere too. I'm not sure if she's really from Alaska or not, but I've now seen this same pictures used on Facebook saying "The new "Open Carry Law" goes into affect today in Oklahoma. How do you feel about this?" and of course it's causing 'alarm'.
As a responsible and licensed gun owner I feel we need all the propaganda we can get, just this morning I read about the new gun laws in NY NY seals 1st state gun laws since Newtown massacre - Yahoo! News .
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I am concerned.

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
I agree we need informed and educational propaganda to educate people. But the reposts I've seen are from the left saying "this is the kind of things we don't want".

As to the NY issue, see the thread I just posted. There's a link at the bottom created by Ruger to email EVERY one of your elected officials inside of 30 sec.

I too am concerned, very concerned for all of us responsible & educated gun owners.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Very well said Scott D but I fear that this is a cause that the sensible people are losing. It is very difficult to win the arena of ideas when the media is on the side of the gun controllers and Joe and Sally Six Pack doesn't know or care about anything that can't be contained in a 30 second sound bite.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
ULACKFOCUS --"How interesting would NYC be if it were legal to carry? "

Can't happen:
(1) A plunging crime rate would not fit their agenda.
(2) Out of thousands of instances of self defense, the media would search until they found one instance of misuse of a licensed firearm and that one instance would be the only one you would hear about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.