WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just curious to see what WTF members Favourite ETA Valjoux 7750 movement watch was. :sneaky2:
Post em up. Here's mine:
INVICTA 6893
INVICTA Pro Diver 6893

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So you're a self appointed VIP here? Interesting. I think you should own more brands than Invicta before you can claim that title. :sneaky2::laugh:

Call sign: Hotel Lima Whiskey (have lotsa watches)
I just buy watches,Bro. I don't buy brand. How much is tht breitling with a 7750 mov't? My 7750 cost me $1100.00. Still expensive for a 40 year old technology. Nowadays, a basic valjoux 7750 is not worth that much. Unless it is heavily modified/ enhanced.
INVICTA: Something wrong with this brand?:eek:hmy: Selling their watch too cheaply.:biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I think the jab was more at someone with 11 posts claiming to be a VIP...

Invicta is fine until you have trouble, which is not uncommon. There are MANY accounts of how poor their customer service is.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the jab was more at someone with 11 posts claiming to be a VIP...

Invicta is fine until you have trouble, which is not uncommon. There are MANY accounts of how poor their customer service is.
Invicta's got a bad reputation with c/s. That's why I don't pay top money for invicta. I always keep back $300- $400 to buy my own contents insurance. If it breaks, I just throw it out n claim ins.

If I'm not wrong, someone on this forum did a voting post on invicta.
They ask all invicta customers to vote on questions like:
1)Bought a invicta and had no problem.
2) Had to sent it back
3) Not happy.
and a few more question.
To my surprise 70% answer 1. Only 5% had to return.
Maybe we only here the problems.
Customers who had no problem, have no complains.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wht brand

have several but this one is my own build
This is an awesome creation, Bro. Limited Edition. And you got the #1 of only one in the world. Next will be to brand it.
Breitling, rolex.........:confused1: Nuh......maybe ROLING Pro Diver.:w00t::w00t::lol::thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
This is my favorite representation of what, in my mind's eye, is the look of a Valjoux 7750 powered watch. It probably has something to do with the fact that it was my first Valjoux 7750 watch. As a consequence, I have come to associate the kind of block style -- rather deep -- case design with this movement. Subsequently, I have acquired some others (like the Breitling Chronomat) with a much sleeker case style. But I still associate this movement with the bulkier case of the Accutron Gemini.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I only have one so I guess it is my favorite. Haven't found much need for another, but I'm sure that could change any day.
IMO, This is a classic 7750. Is this the current model? :001_tt1::001_tt1: R they expensive to take them out?:001_wub:

·
Super Moderator
5,338 Posts
IMO, This is a classic 7750. Is this the current model? :001_tt1::001_tt1: R they expensive to take them out?:001_wub:
I believe the actual model number of the movement is 7753 and this particular Jacques Lemans Geneve Tempora is long out of production. MSRP is high, cost I paid is low.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.