• Miyota

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Seiko

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I have to go with the one I know, the Miyota, but of course, I'm not saying it's the best, but it's the one I have.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well 2824 is kinda like a lower-class (slighty) 2892.

2834 is kinda like a Rolex Day-Date movement.

2836 has a date display similar to a Valjoux 77xx movement.

The Valjoux is pretty nice movement, but to me the sub-dial arrangement
is ugly, (they do have special-edition VJ that have different chrono sub-dial arrangements).

And I know nothing about the Japenese movements.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Bosco for me it is the V7751 because of the moonphase and day pointer, chronograph
movement next would be V7750 chronograph movement third would be 2892 chronograph
movement do you see a theme here.

·
Registered
434 Posts
VJ7750 for me. I have it on both my Tag AquaRacer Chrono and Hamilton Khaki Chrono. Rugged and accurate, absolutely great bang-for-the-buck movement!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I voted VJ 7750 because I've had great experience with them but I'm really liking the ETA 2834 that I just acquired this week.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts

I would have voted "other" if there had been a place for that in the poll. My current favorite is in this Seastar II, the ETA 2846, which usually is listed at 21 jewels but in this watch has 25 jewels. An interesting feature is that you can set the day as "Mon17," for example, or as "1Mon17," which I have done in this photo. Evidently, that is a popular feature in the Asian market. I've always been taught that Sunday was the first day of the week, but maybe that is not the case in Asia.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
From the choices allowed, I also went with the VJ 7751. It just looks so classy on every watch with it.

However, if the Seiko movements were called out, I'd have chosen something from their Grand Seiko 9000 series. Those are extreme examples of fine craftsmanship, maybe more so that any of these other choices with the possible exception of a well decorated and calibrated 2892A-2.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maybe it is just this watch, but I think the 2892 on it looks stunning. :thumbup:
(It is from Ernest Borel)

So I voted for the 2892.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The problem is Timefinder, is that I don't think Ernest Borel have even one AD in my country (Canada) :scared: ! I have no idea where to get them. I think it is also a limited edition. :crying:

·
Registered
527 Posts
interesting respones I am reading here. Valjoux movements are very beautiful. But I read that the 7750 is not the most sturdy chronograph.

But I must admit that 7750 has helped many companies piece together many chronographs.

that being said, i voted the 7751, simply because it housed all functions, and is considered a type of complications, and the price is not as high as the other complications.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
My top favorite movements are the Rolex 3135 and the Omega 1120. The 1120 is based on the ETA 2892, which even in its unmodified form is a very robust and stable movement. I voted 2892.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts