WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got TWO awesome surprises for Fathers day. I’ll talk about the watch first… I’ve had my eye on this Hamilton for quite a while…I have the Khaki Navy GMT and its cousin the Khaki Navy Scuba has been calling out to me. My wife and son decided to get it for me for Fathers day and I couldn’t be happier. Here are the specs:

H64515333
ETA 2834-2
41MM
Lug Width 20MM
Sapphire Crystal
Black Rubber Strap
Stainless Steel
Water Resistant to 100M
Screw Down Crown

Like my other Hamiltons it wears very nice…nice heft, easy to read and a very smooth second hand. I really like the large day up top and the white on black dial…the extra large 3 and 9 make it just a little different and I like that as well. Something about the font that Hamilton uses for all it’s writing on the dial really speaks to me…not sure what that’s about except that I REALLY like it….looks very modern and sleek. The lume is just ok…a nice green/blue on the hands and the tiny dots around the 5 minute marks…nothing fantastic but it does last most of the night if I want it to. All in all another great addition to my collection…in my opinion you really can’t go wrong with a Hamilton…that’s why I’ve got 3 now I guess.

The 2nd thing I got was this Lucite block with a 3D picture of our dog Jack in it. This REALLY blew me away. Jack was a rescue dog we got in 2000….my Mother in law and my Mom had both passed away within 2 months of each other and my wife and I were feeling lost. Jack had been a rescue(he was 3 yrs old and was either lost or stolen and used as a target for a pit bull fighting ring for 9 months) and after a 6 month rehab chose me out of a crowd at an adoption event…came over and sat down next to me and looked at me as if he had been waiting for me. I truly believe God brought him to us and he is ABSOLUTELY what trained me wife and I to be parents…learned how to put someone elses needs in front of our own and really be so much less selfish. Long story short…Jack was like my first son….for 8.5 years he took care of us while we took care of him..was a fantastic big brother to my son Colin when he was born in 2005 and gave us more love than I could have ever thought possible. Jack passed away in 2008 in my arms at home but there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of him….I actually have a tattoo of him above my heart if you can believe it. The Lucite block is 3D and just mind blowingly cool…the pics don’t do it justice…just awesome. If anyone is interested my wife got it at Goodcount - photo crystal laser engraved 3D 2D personalized gift.

So that’s my Fathers day…I feel very lucky and blessed…spent the whole morning playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii with my son and heading out later to have some simple Togo’s sandwiches for lunch. It’s been a pretty perfect day. As always thanks for looking...and happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there. :001_smile:

-Shawn

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
GREAT gifts, congrats on both! And a great story. :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

And I hope you enjoyed those Togo's. As a SF area native I really miss them now as my sandwich stop. The other places around here just aren't the same....

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words. And yes...I really DID enjoy my Togo's(have some left over for tonite too!) and have enjoyed them since the 80's....you're right, nothing else like it out there. And thanks Dennis....Jack was one of a kind and definitely was more like a son than a dog to us. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him. :001_smile:

-Shawn

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for posting the pictures. I've been waffling between buying the King Khaki H64455533 and this Navy Scuba. Seeing it up close helped me make up my mind. Both watches have the date and day, which I like, but the Navy Scuba has them outlined in silver and back is polished whereas the H64455533 seems to be rough and unpolished. Plus, I like the fitted black band better than the brown leather strap on the H64455533.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

Thanks for posting the pictures. I've been waffling between buying the King Khaki H64455533 and this Navy Scuba. Seeing it up close helped me make up my mind. Both watches have the date and day, which I like, but the Navy Scuba has them outlined in silver and back is polished whereas the H64455533 seems to be rough and unpolished. Plus, I like the fitted black band better than the brown leather strap on the H64455533.
You won't be unhappy with this choice. It wears well and looks fantastic on the wrist. I am VERY happy with this one.

-Shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.