WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d806fdabe&template=without-video&confirm=true

The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with runningback Michael Turner. The contract is reported to be 6-years worth $34 million.

Way to go Michael Turner! Glad you finally got paid. :biggrin: I hope he continues to smash opponents, break tackles, and sprint to the endzone in the process of ripping up defenses. It looks like Turner 'the Burner' willl have a lot of the fun in the NFC. Here's to him taking the Falcons to the playoffs next year :thumbup:

·
Banned
927 Posts
And our Titans got ex-Falcon Alge Crumpler, a great tight end who should really help Vince Young, like Frank Wycheck helped Steve McNair several years back.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I was sad to see Turner go, but the guy really deserves to be a starter. Unfortunately, that's a tough gig to land when you're on the same team as Ladainian Tomlinson...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Turner is a heck of a running back, but with the line Atlanta has these days he may never find daylight. Atlanta has a lot of work to do before they can be contenders again. JMHO.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Turner is a heck of a running back, but with the line Atlanta has these days he may never find daylight. Atlanta has a lot of work to do before they can be contenders again. JMHO.
Of course he'll never see daylight - Atlanta plays in a dome!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Well, I for one am glad we got another RB - especially one of his calibre, but what's that going to do to Dunn? Is he out? (anyone hear, I've been out of the loop a few days) Is he expected to be out? I don't know. Also very sorry to see Crumpler go. One of the most reliable offensive players we have.

But, IMO more than a RB we need a.. What's that position..... I think it's an important one.... Oh, it's the..... what... Oh - yea.. a QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!

A RB ain't going to do much good if there isn't anyone there to hand the ball to him!!

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
And your right - they do have alot of work to do.. But that's one thing I like about Blank. He's not afraid to do that work.... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
But, IMO more than a RB we need a.. What's that position..... I think it's an important one.... Oh, it's the..... what... Oh - yea.. a QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!
But you guys have Michael Vi...

Huh? Whassat??

Oh, um... nevermind...

:lol:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Ah, I see now.. The Falcons cut Dunn.... :confused1: :sad:

It'll be a loss not only to the Falcons on the field, but to Atlanta as a community.. His community programs have just been fantastic...

·
Registered
885 Posts
Ah, I see now.. The Falcons cut Dunn.... :confused1: :sad:

It'll be a loss not only to the Falcons on the field, but to Atlanta as a community.. His community programs have just been fantastic...
I hate to see Dunn go as well. It is my guess he will pop up somewhere and be a very effective third down back.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I hate to see Dunn go as well. It is my guess he will pop up somewhere and be a very effective third down back.:thumbup1:
I agree.. He may be past his prime, but still has ALOT to offer teams... And I have a feeling he'll still be around & effective for a long time.. Atleast I hope.. The league can't lose players like him. For on the field performance, excellent community services and a superb role model for the youngsters. :thumbup1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts