WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is interested, there is a Spaceview on the bay #130639410028 that looks correct to me.
I had a hard time not buying it but I know what I'm looking for right now and that isn't it.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I can't see anything to suggest that it's not a real Spaceview "S" #24076. The crystal looks like an authentic Bulova 1271AYS and that is the correct Bulova replacement crystal for the 2531 case. Sorry, but I would like it better if the logo was at the twelve. Am I too picky or what?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone know why some of the Spaceview movements are brass tone like this one and others are all silver tone? Or which is correct?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SAM2 or one of the others will have a better answer than I do but it is age related, generally the newer ones are brass. I think the change came about 1967 or so.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
SAM2 or one of the others will have a better answer than I do but it is age related, generally the newer ones are brass. I think the change came about 1967 or so.
1967-1968 seems break point for the changes in numbering and finish on the 214 family of movements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts