WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chronoswiss watch brand
Chronoswiss was started by Gerd-R. Lang in the early 1980s, a very odd time to start a watch company. The established European companies were undergoing a traumatic downsizing due to the advent of the inexpensive quartz watch. But Lang realized, possibly before anyone else, that this upheaval meant not the end of the mechanical watch, but only the end of mechanical watches for the masses.

A desire to own new, innovative, high-quality mechanical watches would remain, and even grow stronger, and no quartz watch would ever meet this need. So, he went ahead, positioning Chronoswiss as the watch for people who are serious and knowledgeable about watches.

Today Chronoswiss has a rather complete line of classically-styled watches. There are chronographs, chronometers, a sports watch, and even a reversing rectangular watch resembling the Jaeger-Le Coultre Reverso. On the back of Chronoswiss's Cabrio is the display back.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I met a guy in the restaurant where I used to work who had one. He said his wife gave it to him, but that he'd never buy another one, because the stem had come off and he had to send it back to the factory, or wherever, to get it fixed.

"How the hell does that happen?", he asked.

I knew of that phenomenon with some Invictas, but I just shrugged my shoulders and went on about my business.

It was a good looking watch, though.

I thought for a while that it might have been a counterfeit, but his story about having it fixed under warranty, leads me to believe it was probably authentic.

However, you have to take everything a customer says about things like that with a grain of salt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts