WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the black Nato I have on there right now looks good, but I don't like that it is hiding the movement because well it's worth looking at.
So I spent 25 bucks today to get a 2 piece stitched all black ballistic nylon. When I get it I will post pictures.
I had a 2 piece black shark on there, which is a beauty of a strap, and would look good on any watch, but this watch just needs a more tough military look to it.

Anybody feel exposing the movement is more important than the safety of not having it fall off a like any two piece can ? I am not going to be using it like a military guy either.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yup; I put my SCB1 on a nato that came w/ it for about 5 mins (I'm not a nato guy)...put it back on the stock leather strap & that's what it's gonna stay on. A big reason is exactly the same reason you mentioned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been thinking about the same thing, a two piece NATO nylon strap, because I like to be able to look at the movement. I've also been thinking about a "3 ring" NATO strap that is just one long piece of nylon which would make changing straps easy and allow me to easily pull back the strap to look at the movement.

Yes, please post your photos and strap details.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had a similar issue with my B17. I love the NATO for comfort, but I usually keep it on a strap because it's fun to be able to look at the movement. I never thought display case backs added a whole lot to watches, but I am starting to change my mind.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
A nicely decorated movement is a thing of beauty, and I also look at some of my watch movements.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
While I'm not a fan of the Spalding print I do like the look of the watch on that color of leather and the stitching on that strap! :thumbup1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.