WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my Ocean Ghost for a while now and since the warranty has expired I decided it was a good day to get rid of that anoying haze on the inside of the crystal. The haze has pretty much been there since I first received the watch, but I was reluctant to return it for replacement or refund. BTW, haze on the inside of a crystal can develop for several reasons and does happen to watches other than Invicta.
Now that I have the case back tools and voiding the warranty is no longer a concern...let's get started.

I hope you can see the haze in this picture.

I always put tape on the back of the watch to limit scratches should I happen to slip.

Inside you will find the spacer ring and the movement.

Remove the spacer ring.

I did a lousy job of taking that last picture, but just under the right edge of the rotor there is a button. Push the button with a pin or other tool and the crown and stem will slide out. This will allow the watch movement to fall out of the case. It will just fall right out so be careful.

I cleaned the haze with a Q-tip, a little alcohol, and a lint free micro fiber cloth. I made sure there were no fibers or dust particles in the case with my squeeze bulb blower and put everything back together.
I hope you can see the difference.

These are the tools I needed for this job. A Jaxa wrench, tweezers, a push pin, a spring bar tool, a brass bristle brush to clean the "gunk" at the screw in seam line, a squeeze bulb blower, and painters tape.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nice Job!
Great post. always a tremendous amount of satisfaction when you do it, your self.

I notice that you taped off 2 lugs, for the case opener.
Which is exactly how I used mine, the 1st time I tried my wrench.
Too many years of using needle nose pliers, in my case.

The case opener has 3 points to make contact, and should sit on 3 lugs.

And if anyone is looking for one, check the link below.
20pcs Watch Repair Tool Kit 2688 Case Opener Dust Blower Free US SHIP | eBay

Recommended to me by CometHunter.
Great dollar value, free shipping, and I finally have the right tools for the job.

tim

P.S. I love the suggestion of using the Blue Painters Tape.
It will help prevent me from leaving my Signature on the watch(Scratches). :scared::crying:

·
Super Moderator
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I notice that you taped off 2 lugs, for the case opener.
Which is exactly how I used mine, the 1st time I tried my wrench.
Too many years of using needle nose pliers, in my case.

The case opener has 3 points to make contact, and should sit on 3 lugs.

I've tried using the Jaxa wrench with both two and three points and I seem to come back to just two because I feel like a get a better grip and can apply just a bit more torque. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.