WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys !

Ever sell a watch then regret it ? ? ? ? ?

I am having that feeling right now ! ! ! ! !

About a year and a half ago I just finished restoring a 1935 Waltham Curvex 46mm. An hour or so after I finished the restoration we had a party to attend at my Uncle's country club where they held the US Open in 2003 (it was a very nice party). Anyway, I decided to wear this 1935 10k Gold Filled Waltham Curvex to the party. It was early Spring so I was wearing a short sleeve shirt, the watch could easily be seen and MANY people at the party noticed and commented on the watch. One person who kept on commenting about the watch was my Uncle, he just fell in love with it at first sight! To make a long story short he basically bought it off of my wrist and we settled up a couple of days later. I really only had the watch for about 48 hours from the time I finished the restoration to the time my Uncle made a deal for it and only wore it that one time to the party. Flash forward a year and a half......................... My Uncle got some sort of dust under the glass somehow so he gave it back to me for a quick clean up last night. I removed the dust for him today and polished it up a tad then put it on my wrist................

INSTANT REGRET OF SELLING THE WATCH ! ! ! ! !

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING ? ? ? ? ?

I never should have sold this Waltham ! ! ! ! ! !

Finding a 1935 46mm Waltham Curvex in this condition is EXTREMELY difficult ! ! ! !

This two tone dial is near perfect and the Tobacco band just sets off the entire watch!

BUT, he is going to be traveling through Italy for a couple of weeks so I'll wear it a few times (just to ensure it's keeping good time).

The case does not have any gold fill wear spots.

It measures 46mm lug tip to lug tip, 20mm without the crown.

17 jewels, grade 767, size Lignes 7.25

I NEVER SHOULD HAVE SOLD IT ! ! ! !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well two of my biggest were sold to my friend Fred both Illinois Consul models. Green Gold #4 and a Two Tone that looked like it just came out of the jewelers case. But at the time I had to do what I had to do for my family. That's life. But it does not sting any less.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Well two of my biggest were sold to my friend Fred both Illinois Consul models. Green Gold #4 and a Two Tone that looked like it just came out of the jewelers case. But at the time I had to do what I had to do for my family. That's life. But it does not sting any less.
Hey Welcome to the American!
I know that Fred, and the Consul is a very popular model here. Some Big Illinois folks here.
If you have some, post away!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.