WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm a complete newbie so if I posted this in the wrong place I apologise and sorry to anyone affected.

I've never come across a 50mm Skeleton Watch for sale like in the picture below. If anyone know anybody selling one like it, then can you please private message me or get in touch on the thread.

If you are a watchmaker or know of a watchmaker that can make such a watch then please get in touch with me Thank-you. Please give details and price.

This particular watches manufacturer is: Mount Royal. But the manufacturer has stopped making this particular model. If not this particular watch, then does anybody know of a watch that is similar to it? i.e. 50mm Skeleton Mecahnical Wind Up Watch. with a maximum view dial and Roman numerals?

I managed to find one very similar in a gold colour made by a company called Invicta, but I can't find any to purchase. My budget is very small and I apreciate any help.

Cheers guys!!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I posted this on the other thread too. But here you go! BTW Welcome aboard!

I don't know of any that look like this, but I bet if you searched "Skeleton" on Amazon in the watch department, you can find something on here. Stuhrling original, michael kors, and armitron all make a bunch of skeletons.

I think you could do a lot better in terms of a quality watch than anything you showed us in your pictures. Invicta tends to sell on the lower side of the cost spectrum. Know that when you get something like this you may be looking at poor quality and poor time keeping ability.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
Hi there, mubs! Again, welcome.

I just checked ebay. If you type in 'skeleton mens watch' you'll get 3,330 hits. You should be able to find something in that maisma!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help

Hi guys,

I've actually tried the suggestions (ebay, contact maunfacturer, google, Amazon etc).

but the watches do not match all the criteria (it's always one or more things missing).

It must be between 46mm and 50mm
must have roman numerals
reasonably priced
the skeleton must be on maximum view (i.e. not to have large numerals.)

THANK YOU SOO MUCH for the effort guys, but any more ideas?

·
Registered
369 Posts
whats your price range? because to be honest I want to steer you away from this... but thats just cause its not my style but to each his own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies

Hi guys,

my price range is up to £250. perhaps even a little bit more.

Please don't steer me away, kind of have a narrow taste lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the suggestion but...........

I think with time my taste may expand.

But for now, I think that watch is inappropriate lol.

·
Registered
369 Posts
oh well I tried.

I dont know anything about these brands but I found them on Amazon.

Akribos XXIV Men's AKR456SS Bravura Skelton Mechanical Stainless Steel Watch. Its 50mm no Roman Numerals but its close.

This one is only 44mm but has roman numerals.
Stuhrling Original Men's 313A.331531 Macbeth Classic Automatic Gold Skeletonized Dial Watch

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
It looks like you're Surely Out of Luck at this given point in time. But as the trend is larger and larger cases, you'll probably not have to wait too long.

One possibility is to look at AK-Homme. They have a large selection, your Roman Numerals, and a minimum of actual dial. It's true they'e not 45-50mm, but they are inexpensive enough that you can scratch your skeleton itch until you actually find the one you're looking for.

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
Hi there dreman32. A belated welcome to you!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts