WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm a complete newbie so if I posted this in the wrong place I apologise and sorry to anyone affected.

I've never come across a 50mm Skeleton Watch for sale like in the picture below. If anyone know anybody selling one like it, then can you please private message me or get in touch on the thread.

If you are a watchmaker or know of a watchmaker that can make such a watch then please get in touch with me Thank-you. Please give details and price.

This particular watches manufacturer is: Mount Royal. But the manufacturer has stopped making this particular model. If not this particular watch, then does anybody know of a watch that is similar to it? i.e. 50mm Skeleton Mecahnical Wind Up Watch. with a maximum view dial and Roman numerals?

I managed to find one very similar in a gold colour made by a company called Invicta, but I can't find any to purchase. My budget is very small and I apreciate any help.

Cheers guys!!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I don't know of any that look like this, but I bet if you searched "Skeleton" on Amazon in the watch department, you can find something on here. Stuhrling original, michael kors, and armitron all make a bunch of skeletons.

I think you could do a lot better in terms of a quality watch than anything you showed us in your pictures. Invicta tends to sell on the lower side of the cost spectrum. Know that when you get something like this you may be looking at poor quality and poor time keeping ability.

Good luck!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Check out this movement on eBay.

I got one for a friend who also wanted to "put together" a skeleton watch.

It's Chinese and not very good quality. The timekeeping is not very good and the winding grinds a little. I don't know how long it will last, but it does look pretty cool :cool1:.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've already searched on Amazon but the watches there meet one or two of the criteria points but not all. The watch must be:

1.) between 46mm and 50mm
2.) roman numerals
3.) silver in colour
4.) maximum view of the mechanical movement i.e. the roman numerals size ratio to the movement dial view. If you look at the images I've posted, the roman numerals are very small COMPARED to the dial.

=====================================

Thanks for that eBay suggestion. I've emailed the seller and asked him the movement diameter size. I hope it's big enough. although it doesn't look to be. The crown pin seems to be very long which suggests to me that it is for a watch case that has a large rim and narrow movement view.

In regards to "putting it together"..... I thought that was very difficult? The watch makers I've contacted, they've all complained telling me not to do it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
i saw a guy yesterday wearing a watch that probably was at least 50mm--it looked like crap, at least to me. i would caution anyone thinking about wearing a wall clock on his wrist to get opinions, try one on and get a photo, and then stand back and ask yourself do yo want to be seen in public wearing such a thing. if yes, then go with it. here are some pimp accessories that may help.

Pimpdaddy® - The Place For Pimp Suits

thanks for the enhancement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts