WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I attended a "get together" and this year I met another forum (not WTF) member for a great dinner and watch talk and show 'n' tell.
I encourage all who are in a reasonable proximity to meet and exchange talk and show watches as it is really a great time.
Here are a few pics of my one and only GTG.
I'm in there somewhere but my lips are sealed!!
I know that Rusty gets down here on occasion and I have $$ put away for a donut and coffee on me and Timefinder isn't too far away!!

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&th=732751&start=0&rid=29302

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I've met a lot of people off of guitar and camera forums...

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have not had the privelage of meeting any of my fellow members as of yet. Maybe some folks here are not too far from each other can organize a get together. Is there anyone else in Illinois?

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Great idea. Howsabout a Hamilton get-together. . . at Hamilton College, which is ironically located in Clinton, NY, just a few miles from Utica. Or we could meet at Colgate University which IS situated in Hamilton NY, not too far from Syracuse.

One would think that Hamilton College and Colgate should trade campuses just to make it all make sense.:blink:

·
Registered
129 Posts
i am in the boston area (about 20 miles north) - keep me in the loop if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
I've attended several get togethers - always fun. Mike (from the Rolex Forum) and I are talking about planning an Ohio GTG for the Spring/Summer.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:)

well Mr Auto already mentioned our GTG at Angelo's in Dallas, that was a lot of fun, thanks again Juan for being available while you were here, it was a pleasure:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I have also had a GTG or three with DonnyB and pcammera ( Don and Pat) here in Fort Worth. it sure is a great time anytime we GTG.:thumbup1:

I consider myself lucky to have been able to meet with all of these guys,
and hope to meet more of you folks:thumbup:

:):)
diver88

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Only Marines.

I met several members of the Marine forum on WebTV several years ago. They were attending a reunion over in Rio Rancho for Frozen Chosin veterans from Delta Company, 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment (D/2/5). It was an honor I will never forget.

Most recently, I have made friends with a Marine from the site TogetherWeServed.com who lives in my quadrant of Albuquerque.

There's nothing like brotherhood.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Most recently, I have made friends with a Marine from the site TogetherWeServed.com who lives in my quadrant of Albuquerque.

There's nothing like brotherhood.
Agreed.

I use the Navy version of that site, and have reconnected with a lot of old shipmates...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I've met with a model from SNBC a few times that I met through the net and my love of watches, and we've always had a great time. She's a wonderful person gorgeous of course, and just a friend.
So Tom, if you are a beautiful woman, and you're ever in Chicago, let's hang! And no hanky panky required. :lol:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Togetherweserved.com: Never heard of it; but, will check it out. So far, I have had 3 good buddies track me down via the net. Like you said, there is NOTHING like a brotherhood and the bonds of those that served.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Probably not much chance for me, but if any of you want to do a spot of Hobbit hunting down this way (or jumping off perfectly safe bridges with a rubber band tied around your ankles), look me up.... :biggrin: Just fly kinda south, but stop before you hit Antarctica, and you're here!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm on the NC coast almost on the SC border. While I would love meeting you guys don't know if any are close to me. Seems Richmond so far is the closest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts