WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'd like to know how the name 'Aqua Terra' came about. Anybody care to share their knowledge on this subject?

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hi There Wally

It could be a name taken by Omega to illustrate the versatility of the watch. As you've heard many testify that the Aqua Terra is a " do anything, go anywhere " watch. Possessing a depth rating of 150m, it as also been tested in the rugged desert terrain and would blend in perfectly with a tux. The name suits it to a T :thumbup1:

OK Pal - you thinking of one? ;)

Be well now :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Zin. That actually perfect sense...why didn't I think of just translating it word for word? :confused1: I guess I was expecting some historical pedigree behind it or something.

Yes, in fact, I was thinking about selling off my non Omegas (only a few) and then tapping into my savings to purchase a Quartz 39mm AT. After my mechanical Hamilton bit the dust, and considering the fact that my Automatic 2254 and DeVille Prestige will eat up considerable chunks of cash when service time rolls around, a Quartz watch wouldn't be so bad. The 2500B used in automatic Aqua Terras seem to be having a lot of problems, as expressed by TZ members). Plus, there's the benefit of never having to reset the watch if I don't wear it for week. I can just set the time and totally forget about it for two years.

Hmm, speaking of servicing, my DeVille may already need one. The power reserve is only around 35 hours. I purchased it off the Bay at a really low price and Maria at Omega After Sales informed me it was manufactured in 2002. That's 6 years already, and I can only ponder what the original owner may have put it through...

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Wally

I would have thought they meant the 2500A on which the movement was set too high and was over-lubricated. All the problems were resolved on the 2500B which ran like clockwork. There have been discussions in the past both here and on TZ on which I too have participated and the ' experts ' on the Co-Axial have all agreed on that which is described above.

I think that on a student budget, quartz may make a lot of sense :thumbup1:

Wish you well pal :001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh, the notorious 2500A. That's it.

Did you have any problems with the 2500B on your AT?

As for actually buying the watch, well, I'm more along the lines of playing with the idea of it than really taking steps towards purchasing one. In fact, I never really meant to buy the 2254 this early on in my life. My original plan was to hold off on it until graduation. If the price increase and the threat of discontinuation had not emerged as a time sensitive impetus, I'd still be years away from owning a single Omega. :scared:

Good thing my parents taught me the virtues of saving up in anticipation of unforeseeable events. :wink: But given what I spent it on, I wonder if I've truly learned any lesson at all :lol:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
The 2500B in my blue AT was serviced by Omega but that was because the watch was manhandled by the dealer as I've noted elsewhere. It was returned as a +/- 0.10 to 0.15 sec daily runner :thumbup1:

Hooray for Eastleigh:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Only a small batch of 2500As gave problems but this was rectified if owners sent them in.

Be well pal :001_smile:

ZIN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts