WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I hope that someone may be able to help me find more information on this watch. It is an entera-matic 2000 with a "royal"blue face along the outside edge of the face is a white strip that have 24 hour time numbers on it. the serial number on the back is 57456. inside the back plate it has the 106 IVT.

I have search google with no luck at this stage. It was left to me by my late father and would really like to find out more about it.

Here's hoping that some one can help

Adriaan

Watch-back.jpg Watch-front.jpg watch-inside-back-cover.jpg watch-side-.jpg watch-workings.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,839 Posts
I can tell you that Eterna revolutionized automatic movements with their 5 ball bearing mounted rotor system in Eterna-matic in 1948. That's what the symbol is above their name on the dial and if you look closely you can see the same symbol on the rotor mount. I think that watch has the 1453U movement which would place it in the mid-late 60's. It's an excellent watch and I'd hang on to it too.

btw... there should be a serial number under the rotor on the movement. If you can show it (or post what it says), there is a source for dating Eterna watches and I'll look it up for you.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Certainly a 60's watch. Get a clear picture (push the flower button on your camera for macro mode) of the serial number of the movement and I'll see if I can tell you what year it was made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
updated photos

Hi Guys thank you for the info so far I have taken a better photo of the movement and the internal serial number which is 6035373
did anyone have any info on the blue face with 24 hour on the outside I haven't been able to get any more info.

this is the best watch that I have had it keeps perfect time and is so comfortable to wear I wouldn't part with it for the world.

Adriaan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too inherited an Eterna-matic with 24 hour marks. Mine came from my grand dad and I am in the process of finding a local shop who will service it for me. I'm curious what the value would be? Any help? I hope to wear this watch on my wrist for a long time, and would just like to know how much I am wearing here. The 24 hour versions seem to be harder to find reference to. Mine is an Anatomic Sevenday.

View attachment 165418

Case back number is 5679720. I have not opened it and don't plan to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts