WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the King Khaki Pilot 46mm with the ETA 2836 movement. A great, accurate movement. I have a winder incoming and from what I have read, it seems that some movements can be wound bi-directionally and some are only supposed to be wound one way (clockwise or counterclockwise) in a winder.

Does anyone know which is right for this movement? Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Be careful with winders.
They can magnetize your watch, which will cause the movement to run slow.
I have a winder and it is OK for some watches but it magnetized my TAG Heuer Monaco.
I bought a Hamilton King Pilot 46mm in February and, to be safe, I never put it on my winder.

·
Super Moderator
15,654 Posts
...Does anyone know which is right for this movement? Thanks!
Got to the top of this page and click SPONSORS and look for Orbita. On their site, select the DATABASE tab. It has which direction to turn the rotor for just about every movement in existence, along with how many turns are required to keep the movement fully wound.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be careful with winders.
They can magnetize your watch, which will cause the movement to run slow.
I have a winder and it is OK for some watches but it magnetized my TAG Heuer Monaco.
I bought a Hamilton King Pilot 46mm in February and, to be safe, I never put it on my winder.

Any more info on this?? Is this a well known risk? I have never heard this before.

I bought a Tech Swiss, what brand are we talking about? Thank you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Any more info on this?? Is this a well known risk? I have never heard this before.

I bought a Tech Swiss, what brand are we talking about? Thank you.

Yes, this is a very well-known risk. Winders made in China with cheaper materials are often to blame. My Oris BC3 and my TAG Heueur Aquaracer Auto Chrono are fine, but the Monaco had big problems after being on the winder.
Be careful...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, this is a very well-known risk. Winders made in China with cheaper materials are often to blame. My Oris BC3 and my TAG Heueur Aquaracer Auto Chrono are fine, but the Monaco had big problems after being on the winder.
Be careful...

Compass test tonight... Results to follow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts