WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a novice watch and clock collector and I love my invictas of which I have 3( sea hunter sw200, SAN3 sw200, quinotaur eta6498 ). I am one of the lucky ones that have never had to go thru Invictas warranty center nor had any issues because I don't wear them much but more handle from time to time. I have 9 other mechanical watches in the 3 to 8 hundred range but the Invicta watches are just as awesome to look and feel. Other than their customer service, I don't get it! Are fit & finish really inferior to 2k watches that use similar movements? I always hear with Invictas, to not spend more than $200. But the 3 watches I have combined spent $1500. I feel is worth the price.

·
Super Moderator
16,567 Posts
Well, for the most part, yes they are inferior...in the places the customer can't see. When you're not shelling out the big bucks for premium swiss movements, you're getting the basic clone of said movement manufactured in a cheap labor country in SE Asia. The Swiss ETA movements, on the other hand, come in several quality grades: Standard, Elabore, Top, and Chronometre. They are adjusted for accuracy in 5 to 7 positions, isocronism is tweaked, the tolerances are finer (which also helps accuracy), some movement parts may be removed and hand-polished, and you'll find hand-decorating which is not done with those Asian counterparts.

As to not spending more than $200, I don't know where or from whom that started. I'm willing to bet it's from someone who happened to a bad watch. Sure Invicta has let some bad stock leave the factory- but so have other companys as well! Watches are made by men and men make mistakes. We just tend to hear about (or pay attention to) the bad ones and not the good ones. Like you, I have 3 Invictas: the Pro Diver, quartz Speedway, and Reserve Pro Diver. All three are great, and not one single problem. The company could use some re-structuring but the product being put out is okay by me!

Reactions: a1watch

·
Registered
466 Posts
INVICTA- For the few who knows they sell cheap watches.............

Their company policy is to make watch affordable. (cheap watches) So you get what you pay for. Don't expect good quality, high end pieces for little money.. When I see Invicta, I think of cheap watches. They want to and belong in the low end of the scale. I started with Invicta. It's a good brand to start your hobby. Don't think you are getting a good watch because it's a Valjoux7750.......... elabore grade mean standard, basic 7750.:w00t::crying:
@Aquaaiea- PM me if you want to know more.................. some people might not like the info I post.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
IMO, Invicta is a company, like any company that is in business to make a profit, they accomplish that with marketing hype and offer a product that is again IMO fair, some of there pieces are a good buy and several of them are quite impressive looking, design wise....
Now with all that said, I own a three of them as well and have had no problems with them. But, I would not buy another one until the company changes its way of doing business. Lets face it no one wants to buy something from anybody who's value does not hold up or exist in the first place. Invictas marketing strategy consist of selling 100 dollar watches by telling everyone that they are 1000 dollar watches, they have poor customer service and again IMO they should concentrate on improving their image.
Any company whether it be Invicta or Rolex's image is part of doing business and if that image stinks then their product is not worth a hill of beans and that means poor value. Invicta could grow to be a top watch company but that will never happen as long as they continue to do business they way they are

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx Comethunter,9PM, a1watch I learned alot! I'm new to this so sometimes I confuse heavy for better and I gotta admit they have weight hehehe. I'll enjoy the ones I have cause they are cool!

·
Registered
466 Posts
@ a1watch

Any company whether it be Invicta or Rolex's image is part of doing business and if that image stinks then their product is not worth a hill of beans and that means poor value.

+1:thumbup1: They have to clean up their public image.

What Stinks? Ahh.....Invicta Watches, Sir!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.