WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Wow. That is a really nice watch. I am looking for a day/date watch, as Rolex Presidential is way to much. I am considering this one, IWC Spitfire, or possibly giving up the day and going with a DJ. Decisions, decisions,..... I have to admit, this is a very nice watch. Do you know what movement is used? ETA......?

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wow, tough decisions :cursing:... dont u wish u can have them all :8

Well, if u need to be seen and must have a watch with a good resale value, u cant go wrong with a Rolex, DJ or day-date. Having an additional day indicator can be pretty handy. That said, i find that Rolex watches are just too common and if u have a big wrist, the 36mm case seems a tad small. Thats why my Rolex DJ has been sitting on the winder for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

I really like IWC watches but generally they are a little too big for my liking, not to mention somewhat pricey. IMO, i would go for the Rolex instead if i have to fork up that much $$$.

As such, i settled for Ball watches. My EMII classic and EMII Chronometer LE both comes with 40mm case using ETA 2824-2 movement (the LE being COSC certified). Irregardless, both are pretty accurate out of the box, with my EMII classic doing +5secs/day (worse case left unworn on the winder). The LE on the other hand is almost spot on when worn on the wrist. Oh, and it wont cost u an arm and a leg to own BOTH of these watches as compared to other established Swiss makes. :)

Wow. That is a really nice watch. I am looking for a day/date watch, as Rolex Presidential is way to much. I am considering this one, IWC Spitfire, or possibly giving up the day and going with a DJ. Decisions, decisions,..... I have to admit, this is a very nice watch. Do you know what movement is used? ETA......?

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Wow, tough decisions :cursing:... dont u wish u can have them all :8

Well, if u need to be seen and must have a watch with a good resale value, u cant go wrong with a Rolex, DJ or day-date. Having an additional day indicator can be pretty handy. That said, i find that Rolex watches are just too common and if u have a big wrist, the 36mm case seems a tad small. Thats why my Rolex DJ has been sitting on the winder for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

I really like IWC watches but generally they are a little too big for my liking, not to mention somewhat pricey. IMO, i would go for the Rolex instead if i have to fork up that much $$$.

As such, i settled for Ball watches. My EMII classic and EMII Chronometer LE both comes with 40mm case using ETA 2824-2 movement (the LE being COSC certified). Irregardless, both are pretty accurate out of the box, with my EMII classic doing +5secs/day (worse case left unworn on the winder). The LE on the other hand is almost spot on when worn on the wrist. Oh, and it wont cost u an arm and a leg to own BOTH of these watches as compared to other established Swiss makes. :)

I know. I am so torn. I have to start visiting ADs. It is interesting to hear that your DJ sits on a winder for so long. I guess I forgot about the size.

BTW, good to know the LEs are COSC, as I was not aware of that. But, will Ball, I beleive their standards are quite close anyway.

Now, what to do...................... :001_unsure:

·
Banned
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The difference between a 36mm and a 40mm case is noticeable...

I guess at the end of the day, go with your heart. :thumbup1: You must like the watch, feel good with it on yr wrist, irregardless of others' opinions. Afterall, u are the one wearing it! :drool:

I know. I am so torn. I have to start visiting ADs. It is interesting to hear that your DJ sits on a winder for so long. I guess I forgot about the size.

BTW, good to know the LEs are COSC, as I was not aware of that. But, will Ball, I beleive their standards are quite close anyway.

Now, what to do...................... :001_unsure:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts