WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice elgin cal 685 , going well, wrist watch, but there are part,that was missing.
Please help me completize this item.
I can´t tell you a name or a catalog number, but I have good pictures, from missing parts.
One is a bronze wheel /with small spring ? /that you can see in picture , other is a central second hand with typical
end triangular.
Will be nice when you can tell me a name for this wheel, or a catalog number., the best will be if you can sell it to me.
thank for your any help,
thank Peter

dealer_oliversargent_highres_1397997721699-5487274787.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
its called a sweep wheel, not sure of catalogue number or part number, those are pretty hard to come by since that sweep wheel was used on the 24hr models. You can see more of a difference on the dial side but if the movement is not recording 24hr time then you could get a standard sweep wheel from any 6xx parts movement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't really advise you where to get it as you dont seem to say where you are but surely any of the parts suppliers in the should have that wheel for an American watch. Might be a bit difficult to source outside the USA?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its called a sweep wheel, not sure of catalogue number or part number, those are pretty hard to come by since that sweep wheel was used on the 24hr models. You can see more of a difference on the dial side but if the movement is not recording 24hr time then you could get a standard sweep wheel from any 6xx parts movement.
I am a collector and no watch maker so I do not know what is from a dial side. , so I do not know if it is a 4 hr. models or other. I can and give other pictures from my movement and dial , maybe it help you. When it is a " standard" what all is any 6xx movement. There did missing other parts, but the I bought Sweep Second Bridge wp-62 and Second Pinion #6636 wp-60 , last is as you wrote me sweep wheel, / with small springú for cal elgin 685. This parts /was I bought/ was o.k told me a watchmaker.
Maybe we can try it as completising with your help. Without this part it is ..... but ? really a thank for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't really advise you where to get it as you dont seem to say where you are but surely any of the parts suppliers in the should have that wheel for an American watch. Might be a bit difficult to source outside the USA?
Hi thank.. it is so a sweep wheel, for cal 685 elgin.. but
Hi again thank for your answer I am a collector, no watchmaker so , when you have a typ for USA seller I will ba happy. Please read ma answer above too, So I know I want sweep wheel, other I bought.
I am from Slovakia Europe, but I send some question on other webs / or webs forums too/ without succes.
Outside the USA I bought some american watche on americans webs or galleries , but with parts I do not have a succes. Please see my pictures / above/ Will be nice , if we can find a seller for this part. Can you help me? in all case nice day Peter

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts