WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short: Bought my EHC Classic III about 2 years ago in Hong Kong. A few months later, the lever that locks the crown in place is loose.

The small button on the top of the lever should need to be depressed to release the lever. However, it is loose now that one can just pull the lever UP without depressing the small button.

Since I went back to HK a few months after my purchase, I brought it in to the Ball HQ and they fixed it. Whatever they did, it was super tight, excellent. But then, after a few months or so, it was loose again! Again, on my next trip to HK, I brought it back and they again fixed it.

Well, fast foward to now, 2011 Dec, I'm back home, not in HK and the lever is loose again. So loose that sometimes, when I'm wearing it, the lever would suddenly be in the UP position by itself (probably when my wrist moves up and down, etc). This makes it in risk of breaking off without me knowing it was in the UP position

So, does anyone have any ideas on how to tighten this lever ? Anyone else have the same issue? (I don't plan to go back to HK anytime soon)

Thnx!

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Sadly, I don't have any advice other than to have the watch sent back to your regional Ball HQ, or to Ball SA in Switzerland, especially if it's still under warranty.

If you're in the USA now, and the watch is out of warranty, you might want to call Steve at Little Treasury Jewelers (one of our forum sponsors). He now has an in-house watch repair capability. I don't know if his shop handles this particular type of repair, but it's worth a call.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts