WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

EDOX - any info please...

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  muttley 
#1 ·
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this watch? I have done a quick search on Google for Edox and I see they are still making watches (one is Extremely close to a TAG Carrera) and have been around since 1884. They were bought by the Swatch group when Swiss watch companies were dropping like flies thanks to the quartz revolution.
The only info I have on the watch is that it belonged to my workmate's grandfather, and it is manual winding. It looks like acrylic crystal, so could probably be brought back to life nicely. Can't tell if the case is gold plated.
Anyone have any info on this watch - it would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't own that particular watch, but I own several Edox and have also given several as gifts to friends and family. No one has had a complaint yet. Very rugged and well-made. Edox produces some incredibly high-end pieces and has a very solid reputation in the industry, since they also assemble watches for other brands.
The watch here is very nice. I'd guess it's value at $400 US, give or take.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.