WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased an Ebel 1911 tekton 137 caliber movement. I like the watch, my concern is the value of the watch / brand. I have paid substantial amount and few weeks ago walked into the Movado outlet store and was quoted the watch 70% off retail and 20% below what i have paid for it. Not sure if anyone can comment on the brand or any other brands that have similar valuation. I am looking to keep clear of these type of purchases in a future. thanks

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
If you're worried about always getting the absolute lowest price on everything than you'll always be disappointed. Somewhere, somehow somebody is offering a lower price. You bought it because you must have liked it so enjoy it. I got 25% off my Breitling at a time when 30% was possible but I never lost any sleep over it.

So how about a pic or two of your watch?

·
Registered
598 Posts
king said:
I have recently purchased an Ebel 1911 tekton 137 caliber movement. I like the watch, my concern is the value of the watch / brand. I have paid substantial amount and few weeks ago walked into the Movado outlet store and was quoted the watch 70% off retail and 20% below what i have paid for it. Not sure if anyone can comment on the brand or any other brands that have similar valuation. I am looking to keep clear of these type of purchases in a future. thanks
It is the imp of the perverse that makes us walk into outlet stores to ask the prices of watches we already own. No good can come of it. Resist the urge and enjoy the watch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts