WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
I already posted here about this DRSD I got about 2 weeks ago and have doubts about the dial.
Now I got new pictures and had the watch under a UVALOUPE and all the dots glow green so I think it's Genuine after all.
What do you think about it with these new pictures ?
Thanks for your opinions.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Hi everybody,
I already posted here about this DRSD I got about 2 weeks ago and have doubts about the dial.
Now I got new pictures and had the watch under a UVALOUPE and all the dots glow green so I think it's Genuine after all.
What do you think about it with these new pictures ?
Thanks for your opinions.

The dial is relumed ...hance the muffin marker effect on the watch in question above..
Compare the pics below again..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your opinion once more.
I've posted it also on TKF and PETE17 says :

" Perfectly normal. As already stated in the other thread, the thick domed plexi distorts the hour plots a bit depending on the angle you're looking at it. They also tamped down the lume around this period which leaves a waffle board affect on them.

Nice watch."

So I don't know anymore what I've in hands with so different opinions from 2 experts !!!!

I bought a UVA lamp I'm waiting to check it 100%.

Many thanks
again

·
Registered
376 Posts
If the dial glows green and the markers look puffy, like the photo of the mark II dial you posted its most likely a redial.

A watch dial from the 1970s with tritium should no longer glow green after about 12.5 yrs..unless its been redone..

There is no plexy distortion on that photo.

The dial is an early mark II dial and to compare it two other mark II dials see below.

You can be the expert :)

no1

no2

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Thanks evrybody who sent me their opinions.
In no way I want to be an expert if I was I wil have not posted my doubts !!!
Anyway pls check this thread - Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Thanks to you all
In order to not be as confused, keep on researching the DR 1665 as Ed and I have been doing for years. Do not limit your research on just DR dials, as the 1680 red dials, 1675 GMT, 5512-13 Subs are similar in texture and materials.

Some more examples of correct lum makers..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Delagado,
MAny thanks for your opinions.
I've been making my search too and have read a very good article from you about these red's.
ON the other hand if you see on the 3rd page of VRF a - FS: Stunning GILT track Pointed Crown Guard GMT 1675 from 1960 - FAT case! View All - Jason (964RS) on Jan 2, 2013, 7:44 AM - from JAson Graham a very respectable collector and dealer in UK - Sell Your Rolex, Sell Your Omega, Rolex Buyer, Rolex Dealer, Submariner | SweepingHand. - he sent me more pictures from his watch from early 60's (my DRSD is from 67) and take a look at the lume plots below and they also glow under UV light today !!!!

So if you say after 12.5Years they don't glow anymore how is that so ?

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh219/WATCHES55/ROLEXGMT1675GILTPOINTEDCROWNGUARD.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh219/WATCHES55/ROLEXGMT1675GILTPOINTEDCROWNGUARD2.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh219/WATCHES55/ROLEXGMT1675GILTPOINTEDCROWNGUARD3.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Late 1960's tritium markers have a different look to them then

early radium markers.
The application of tritium during the late 1960's resembles the examples pictured by Ed and I..

Below are some pics of watches I own without tritium markers... Take a look at the lum material on pre late
1960's markers ..much different then the late 1960's pictures Ed and I posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.