WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Father forgive me, for I have sinned...........It's been a few months since my last confess.....I mean post...........

I'm getting an early Christmas gift from my "Island Girl"....a Pam homage ordered from Getat. I was searching for something in google and came across DR Custom Watch out of North Carolina. I know nothing about them.... their quality or reputation. Has anyone heard of them or ordered through them? How was your experience?

Thanks!

Pennapolis!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I see nothing wrong with them, they are not "fake" since they are not marked with the name of the original like a knock off replica would be.....With that said for my money I would rather purchase a good quality brand name watch that is usually a better quality, has some water resistance and has the true makers brand name.
Not everyone can afford a Pam and with so many major manufacturers producing lookalike watches, there are several quality brand name watches that are available. Examples would be names like Steinhart, Debaufre, Margrette, LumTec and many more.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Bah.

Patrick Stewart is a watered down William Shatner, without the toupee. :T

They say they use ETA movements. That's a good sign.

I hear the owner, Dennis Rudy, is a good guy, willing to build your custom watch, since they are made to order.

·
Super Moderator
16,685 Posts
....They say they use ETA movements. That's a good sign.....
They also say (as with their homage to the Fifty Fathoms) not to take their diving watches diving! That's not such a good sign.
You're free to think what you will, but they are not going to appear on any of my shopping lists.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.