WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a confirmed "SINNer" who wanted to see what the whole Doxa thing was all about. Not wanting to spend close to $2K to find out, I discovered the Doxa Aquaman. My Aquaman arrived today and I must say that I'm impressed with this inexpensive quartz watch. The build quality is good and the looks are just great! No doubt I will be getting another Doxa in coming months.

Sadly this watch is not available in the USA, but there are trusted sources abroad who will ship. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Good to hear your experience with it. I keep getting an itch for a Doxa too, so hearing a positive first impression is good. Do you think you will move on to one of their auto dive watches?

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
I've been interested in the Doxa auto ever since I read my first Dirk Pitt novel by Clive Cussler. DIrk never goes anywhere without "his beloved Doxa". :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, Cussler fans have a thing for a Doxa. I wanted an inexpensive intro to Doxa before spending bigger bucks on one of the really cool Subs. I decided to order an orange dial Aquaman as well as this black dial one. It should be here the end of next week. Yep, I'm nuts! Cheers, Bill P.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Congrats! I love my PVD version Aquaman. It's an awesome summer activities watch.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Doxa did direct sell the Aquaman to the US a year or two ago. I'm sure that if you give Andy at Doxa a call, he can arrange for a US buyer to purchase one.

I think that the black model in your pictures is the best-looking of the Aquaman line-up.

Rob

·
Registered
170 Posts
I saw one of these on sale on another forum. I kind of found it interesting, any more data on it? A little impressions maybe? can you tell the width of the lugs? I have seen a few on sale but all had a rubber strap and I would prefer a bracelet...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw one of these on sale on another forum. I kind of found it interesting, any more data on it? A little impressions maybe? can you tell the width of the lugs? I have seen a few on sale but all had a rubber strap and I would prefer a bracelet...
I have not had mine long, but like it especially considering the cost! The 45.5mm case is fairly thin (compared to most dive watches) and the lug width is 20mm. While I would like to have a Doxa automatic Sub, they cost upwards of $2K. Until I can swing one, the AM will meet the need for a Doxa. I have two more incoming, an orange dial one and another black dial one. Both of the incoming watches have rubber straps. I will likely sell one of the incoming. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yep, Cussler fans have a thing for a Doxa. I wanted an inexpensive intro to Doxa before spending bigger bucks on one of the really cool Subs. I decided to order an orange dial Aquaman as well as this black dial one. It should be here the end of next week. Yep, I'm nuts! Cheers, Bill P.
If you don't mind me asking, from where have you been snapping them up? eBay?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts