WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. New to watch forums. Thinking of buying a Ball qwatch. The model that has caught my attention is the Ohio GMT (Engineer II). This has a leather strap rather than a bracelet. Any views or reviews of this model? I'm here in Edinburgh, Scotland and so I'm not sure if there's any difference in the models available here and in North America. Don't have a great collection at present: A Breitling chronometer, a Chronoswiss automatic (anyone heard of that brand?) bought for a silly amount of money thirteen years ago and a Baume et Mercier dress watch. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
From everything that I hear, it's a great model. It's very solidly built. You will be impressed by the fit and finish, and the extremely close tolerance between the bracelet and case. Please let us know if and when you get one!

Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't own a Ball... yet

Hi Rob. Thanks for the reply. I also like the look of the Cleveland Express model. One thing that makes me a little wary though is the day/date feature. When you're setting a watch with the day as well as the date is it difficult to get them properly aligned?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Rob. Thanks for the reply. I also like the look of the Cleveland Express model. One thing that makes me a little wary though is the day/date feature. When you're setting a watch with the day as well as the date is it difficult to get them properly aligned?
I currently own the Spacemaster, and previously owned an Engineer II Arabic II, both with the day/date feature.

Very easy to set up.

The watches have three positions. Fully extended (position 3), pushed in one notch from fully extended (position 2), and fully pushed in.

From the #2 position, turning the crown in one direction advances the date, turning it in the other (counterclockwise) direction advances day of week.

It'll take you about five minutes reading the manual, after that, it's very intuitive on how to set day/date/time!

Ball Watches are fantastic! You'll love it! Good luck!

Here's a quick shot of my Spacemaster:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I currently own the Spacemaster, and previously owned an Engineer II Arabic II, both with the day/date

From the #2 position, turning the crown in one direction advances the date, turning it in the other (counterclockwise) direction advances day of week.

It'll take you about five minutes reading the manual, after that, it's very intuitive on how to set day/date/time!

Ball Watches are fantastic! You'll love it! Good luck!

Here's a quick shot of my Spacemaster:

My day on my storm chaser is reverse meaning when I turn the crown, it goes sun.. Sat... Fri... So on, the date is ok 1,2,3,4....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts