WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this omega looks correct? Can anyone identify the reference? Supposedly it is white gold. I'm dipping my toes into the vintage watch world (recently bought my first hamilton) and I'm considering putting in a bid on this. Note: it's currently non-functioning. Not sure how expensive it will be to get in working condition.

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Rectangle

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an early 70's Omega that doesn't look like it was well treated. Servicing could be anywhere from $150 - $500 depending on what work is needed.
Thanks so much! Assuming I pay to get it repaired, any idea what its value would be? I'm not trying to flip, but deciding whether I should pass and watch for one in better condition.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
And I don't know if it's silly, but I kinda like the beat-up look (assuming I can get the crystal polished/replaced and the movement running well--on that note, please advise whether this generation of omega had a shock-resistant movement?). I like the idea of white gold with the plating worn off so it has a more muted understated look. But I wasn't sure, this case shape looks kinda like a cosmic, but doesn't have that on the dial. Part of why I wonder if it is incorrect. Still, super new to the vintage watch stuff, so I really appreciate any knowledge you folks share!

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its an early 70's Omega that doesn't look like it was well treated. Servicing could be anywhere from $150 - $500 depending on what work is needed.
So, I probably overspent. I bought it for $802 plus tax/shipping. I just liked the idea of having a more muted gold watch to go with my Hamilton and liked that since its beat up I'll feel comfortable wearing it out (especially after I get the waterproofing restored).

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Measuring instrument

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.