Is this a genuine omega dial?

• Yes

• No

• Yes but not original to the watch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently brought an omega 2536. It's a beautiful watch and I love it. I haven't been able to find another that has the same dial design which has made me suspect it could be an aftermarket dial. Could anyone tell me if its genuine? Any other information about the watch would also be most welcome. I was told it was built in 1950. Other than that I don't know anything. Like I said I love it and would just like to know more about it.
Thank you
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Rectangle

· Super Moderator
17,361 Posts
I agree.
I'm having a hard time accepting the apparent newness of the dial when comparing it to the tarnish of the hour and minute hand. And I have personally been burned by a redial from a seller out of India on eBay

· Super Moderator
17,361 Posts
I feel like the dial numeral font, dagger indices and dauphine hands suggest it could be a 1940s watch nit at 1950as the seller believed.
I doubt it is from the 40s because of the wrist shot at the top of the page. Watch cases from just after World War 2 tended to have an outside diameter of around 30mm, and my guess is that unless the person wearing the watch has an unusually slim wrist, that watch is closer to 38mm.
This assumption is based on my own collection of 1940s & 1950s watches, mainly Gruen, Elgin, Waltham, and of course Hamilton.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I doubt it is from the 40s because of the wrist shot at the top of the page. Watch cases from just after World War 2 tended to have an outside diameter of around 30mm, and my guess is that unless the person wearing the watch has an unusually slim wrist, that watch is closer to 38mm.
This assumption is based on my own collection of 1940s & 1950s watches, mainly Gruen, Elgin, Waltham, and of course Hamilton.
Thanks Bill. The watch case is 35.5mm. This seems to inkeeping with omegas that where built in the late 40s.

· Premium Member
825 Posts
If you want to learn more about your watch go to Youtube an search "Omega Enthusiast". He has great educational videos on Omegas from the era of your watch. He discusses dials, hands, case reference numbers and does a history of the evolution of the movements. They are worth watching. He also has a web presence which he leaves a link to on the page.

Have fun(y)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Bill. The watch case is 35.5mm. This seems to inkeeping with omegas that where built in the late 40s.
Watch Brown Hand Analog watch Arm

If you want to learn more about your watch go to Youtube an search "Omega Enthusiast". He has great educational videos on Omegas from the era of your watch. He discusses dials, hands, case reference numbers and does a history of the evolution of the movements. They are worth watching. He also has a web presence which he leaves a link to on the page.

Have fun(y)
Thank you very much. That's exactly what I'm after. This watch has got me hooked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.