WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,643 Posts
The Carlton was one of Hamilton's more basic models. Unless there is special provinance attached to the watch, they sell on eBay
for under $100...more if it is in "like New" condition and there is proof that it has been recently cleaned and oiled.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Value of 1950 Carlton

Does anyone know what a Hamilton Carlton 10kgf is worth, circa 1950?
Most likely it's a 1951 Carlton. If you bought it retail in a dealer's shop in mint condition, they would list it for around $495-550.

On eBay, you would get about $150-250 at auction for a minty one. A buy-it-now shop could ask more.

This is all assuming that you have a replacement dial and crystal, no brassing, someone polished it PROPERLY, and the movement is clean, oiled and adjusted. The setting and winding mechanism would need to be smooth and the hands also minty.

For each item that doesn't fit the minty qualification, take it down 10-20%.

Broken - it should bring about $40.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I would agree with Tom's assertions on price ranges.

If you want to spend less initially, and if you are willing to have some work done, you can "be your own contractor" and find a watch repairman, if you don't already have one, and have a nice example of a Carlton for $100-150.

But, as with anything, if the work is already done, at retail, the watch will be substantially more.

I didn't see many of that model available a couple of years ago but, there are at least 3 or 4 available on a major auction site these days.

I have one, it does look nice on the wrist, the lugs add to the visual impact it has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts