WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have been looking at jacques du manoir watches which are around £50 74CHF.

Does anyone have any experience of owning jacques du manoir watches and how reliable are they.

Any advice would be helpful as it birthday present.

I look forward to hearing from you .

Yours

Farhan

·
Super Moderator
16,574 Posts
They appear to be the Swiss version of the "Fashion Watch". In other words lots of money is being paid for the name rather than the quality. Their pocket watches are over-priced! $200 for a quartz PW? :scared: Not me, thank you!
Their wrist watches, on the other hand, are more reasonable. The mechanicals I see use the ETA 2824-2 movement which is one of the most popular and trusty movements in the ETA repertoire. Their quartz wrist watches are more sanely priced as well. And, quite frankly, I like their looks.

So if it is a wrist watch you are shopping for, buy with confidence. They look quite dependable whether mechanical or quartz. Just do some homework and make sure you are finding the best deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.