WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the movie, "NEXT" with Nicolas Cage. He was wearing a really interesting watch. Here is a partial description...

minute and hour dials at 12 and 6...no seconds dial but did have a sweeping seconds activated by push button. Looked like the outer dial was a tach or divided into 60...on SS bracelet...looked big, at least 42mm dial, black face.

I thought it was a Sinn diapal 756 but now do not think so...anyone know this watch?

Thanks in advance.

Watchcritic

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Mr Watchcritic

Greetings for the new year and a warm welcome to WTF.

I wonder if your intentions for this thread might be better served if it were in the General Forum so I'm moving it there as the purpose here is to identify the watch. Looking at stills of the movie on IMDB, I think it's a TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph. Here's a closeup.

Interesting movie and the second time afaik that Jessica Biel is playing opposite a magician.

Be well now

ZIN

·
Registered
979 Posts
That does look like the Speedmaster.... er... Tag Chrono Carerra. :laugh:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Could be a Mont Blanc Sport Chronograph. Isn't Cage one of their celebrity endorsers?

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
You're right Ben he is but the MB Sport Chrono has a very pronounced crown guard which is not apparent from the stills from the movie which was why on re-examining the photo, I discounted it.

Tell you what though. Julienne Moore is certainly wearing a big watch here

Anyone like to hazard a guess at what it is or indeed which model Glock she's using?

All pictures - imdb.com

Be well pals

ZIN

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
http://jitteryjim.com/?page_id=432

Next (2007)
Cris Johnson - ‘Frank Cadillac’ - (Nicolas Cage) wears a TAG Heuer Carrera & Agent Callie Ferris (Julianne Moore) has on a Luminox Ultimate Navy SEAL Chrono Model 8301 (submitted by Matt Coppola).

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts

Next (2007)
Cris Johnson - ‘Frank Cadillac’ - (Nicolas Cage) wears a TAG Heuer Carrera & Agent Callie Ferris (Julianne Moore) has on a Luminox Ultimate Navy SEAL Chrono Model 8301 (submitted by Matt Coppola).
What an amazing site - thanks for the link Koimaster. The uncharitable amongst us might say some people have waaaay too much time on their hands putting that website together, but I was only yesterday going to post a question on this forum about a classic Seiko quartz and there it is - a photo of it for "Octopussy." I'm talking about the 'horseshoe' faced Seiko.
Cheers.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Anyone like to hazard a guess at what it is or indeed which model Glock she's using?

All pictures - imdb.com
9mm Glock 17

Info from Glock website:

The GLOCK 17 in caliber 9x19 is the most
widely used law enforcement pistol worldwide.
Because of its unsurpassed reliability,
above-average magazine capacity of 17 cartridges
in the standard magazine and its low weight, it is
trusted by law enforcement officers in their daily
duties throughout the world. It is safe, easy and
quick to use through the revolutionary “Safe Action”
trigger system. GLOCK 17 – designed for professionals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Watch identification

Well done, gentlemen, one and all! Bet the Luminox cost a fraction (~20%) what the Tag does.

Myself, I have been eyeing the large version F117.

WC

·
Registered
32 Posts

Next (2007)
Little plug: this site is moving to: watchesinmovies.info. All the same content as what I had on the jitteryjim.com site, just a bit easier to manage, and searchable as well. :001_smile:

·
Banned
18,138 Posts
Alain, Juan and Jittery Jim

Thank you gentlemen - it's been an education :thumbup1:

Great site Jim - a work of passion :thumbup:

Be well now folks

ZIN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts