WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so you've been shopping for a Hamilton watch and you have narrowed it down to THE ONE. Someone close to you; perhaps a significant other, a friend, colleague, or one of the Hamilton forum faithful says. . . ECCCHHHH!

Would that stop you from forging ahead with the acquistion?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
It probably depends on their reason for not liking it. I'm open to opinions and maybe they noticed something I didn't. If it's just a case of them not liking it but I still do it wouldn't stop me.

·
Registered
434 Posts
When I buy a watch, I only have to worry about satisfying myself so somebody else's opinion does not matter much to me.

I'm always curious though on what they did not like about it. Typically it does not change my decision.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Unless they are paying for it........He** NO!!!!

And I respect the opinions of every one here!!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I value the opinion of others when I'm unsure of something, but when I'm sold on something, the opinion of others does not matter.

Some advise that a latter-day Hamilton is a sham. I'm proud of my Hamilton.

Some advise that an Invicta Pro Diver is a shameless knock-off of a Rolex and that Invicta is a marketing enterprise and not a real watch company. I'm proud of my Invictas, although I pray nothing goes wrong with them in, say, the next five years, or so.

Some say that Timex is, well, a Timex, but I'm proud of my Timexes and the value the represent.

It's not so much that I don't care about the advice of others. I just think that for the time-being, I'm able to evaluate the specifications and the matters of style as well as most.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Not really. However, I do listen to my daughter who has good taste in watches.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The police would probably stop me from forging their head.......Ok you said AHEAD...

I usually study things to death...very seldom do I make a watch purchase without doing my homework. A negative comment won't stop me unless I haven't considered their angle.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
If my girlfriend said ECCCHHHH :scared: I would certainly ask her to clarify that statement. If I was firm in my desire for the watch it probably would not matter, but if she pointed out something I may have missed I might reconsider. So far we have not come across any matter of taste where we are 180 degrees off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts