WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*ahem*luminox*ahem* :sneaky2:

I've seen their lugs widths listing all over the place (23.5, 21.5, 23, 19, etc.), but never in the standard widths used by most other manufacturers. What is the recommended NATO strap width for a loomy with lugs that measure 22.5 or 23mm? Would you use a 22mm, or a 24mm strap? I've heard erring on the slimmer side can put too much stress on the lugs, but wouldn't the band simply not fit if you err on a wider strap?

·
Registered
560 Posts
It's really personal preference, as going smaller will leave a gap between the lugs, and going larger might leave some "bunching" of the strap near the lugs. However, we usually recommend going up in size, just because the bunching is minimal and it can look strange/wrong to have a gap between the strap and the lugs. I wouldn't think that going with the smaller size would stress the spring bars unless you went way smaller, like an 18mm or 16mm strap on a 23mm spring bar. Even then, I don't think you'd have any issues.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't think that going with the smaller size would stress the spring bars unless you went way smaller, like an 18mm or 16mm strap on a 23mm spring bar. Even then, I don't think you'd have any issues.
Good info - thanks! If it's only a half millimeter, then hopefully the three straps I ordered from C&B last week for my Lum Tec should fit this watch as well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts