WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I was looking at a few Invicta watches and I really want to purchase one I just don't know if it is going to be worth the money. I have a severe allergic reaction to nickel and was wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not Invicta watches contain any trace amount of nickel.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I can't say for 100% it doesn't, but I don't think they do. Most are solid stainless steel 316L grade.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
As far as I know, there should be no nickel in the construction of the case or bracelets of any given Invicta watch. I can't say there wouldn't be any inside the movement, but I doubt so.

I have seen non-Invicta watches that are Nickel with steel plating, usually "Wal-Mart" watches! :wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't say for 100% it doesn't, but I don't think they do. Most are solid stainless steel 316L grade.
316L does contain Nickle. If you google 316L stainless one of the components is Ni which is Nickle. 316L has less than 904L which is the stainless steel that Rolex uses in there watches. I have seen pads that go on the case backs advertised on some of the Rolex forums that to provide a barrier from the steel to skin.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Thanks for the clearer definition of steel. I never thought to look it up.

I wonder if the 'Swiss" gold plated offerings from Invicta would leave less contact to the skin from Nickel, once again I don't know the exact components of gold. I will leave that as 'Google homework' for my theory! :T :wink: :biggrin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the clearer definition of steel. I never thought to look it up.

I wonder if the 'Swiss" gold plated offerings from Invicta would leave less contact to the skin from Nickel, once again I don't know the exact components of gold. I will leave that as 'Google homework' for my theory! :T :wink: :biggrin:
That a good question and I vaguely recall some threads that discussed this exact question. You might try searching some forums to see if my waning memory is accurate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I was looking at a few Invicta watches and I really want to purchase one I just don't know if it is going to be worth the money. I have a severe allergic reaction to nickel and was wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not Invicta watches contain any trace amount of nickel.
As far as being worth the money, if the look, wear, and everything else is right for your pocket book, then its worth the money. That is with anything though, not just a watch.
IMO the look, size, and price is ok with me so I am a fan thus far. Then again I don't think about stuff like nickel in the steel. lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Then once I slowed down and read your post, I hope that the amount is just a trace, or not enough to cause any reaction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts