WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local Invicta AD today, and discovered the SS Prowler. I never gave it any thought when I saw it on SNBC, because I thought it was just another big, silly watch that got lost amongst all the other offerings.

Wow...that is one nice piece. An hour earlier at another AD I had been trying on Breitling, Anonimo, and Bucherer. I really have to say that the fit and finish of the prowler held its own very favourably. It rests comfortably on the wrist and has a nice heft to it. Just an overall nice feel.

I don't usually buy quartz but I have made exceptions with chronographs. This one is trying to force itself on my must have list.

I know that those who have one speak highly of it. What is your impression if you have one? Is it worth it to you? Has it held up, nothing falling off, etc.? Also, post your favourite pics and don't be afraid to talk it up/down, this may very well be my next Invicta.:001_tt1:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I don't have one, but it is a copy of my long sought after grail......... The Potger Pietri Earthquake Auto. I guess you can't really call it a homage because Invicta bought the company.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just thought I'd run this one up the flagpole again. No responses yet...

Any Prowler fans with feedback/reviews, etc.? I've found some good comments searching, but it's nice to see what people think real-time.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Just thought I'd run this one up the flagpole again. No responses yet...

Any Prowler fans with feedback/reviews, etc.? I've found some good comments searching, but it's nice to see what people think real-time.
I bought one t a local mall AD awhile back and had a couple of problems.
(Date wouldn't change after while and subdial hand fell off-while the AD was checking out the date problem!!)
I liked the watch and since it was an AD purchase I had a repacement the next day (sent from another location of theirs)
Prowler #2 has been problem free.
I say go for it.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Larry, that brings to mind a question someone asked of me about carbon fiber dials. I showed my Reserve Speedway to a friend and he asked me if the carbon fiber was real, is there such a thing as fake carbon fiber? This may be one of the most idiotic questions I have ever posed to anyone in the forum.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Larry, that brings to mind a question someone asked of me about carbon fiber dials. I showed my Reserve Speedway to a friend and he asked me if the carbon fiber was real, is there such a thing as fake carbon fiber? This may be one of the most idiotic questions I have ever posed to anyone in the forum.

Yes. I've seen watches that just basket-weave plastic on the dial. The description states Carbon Fiber look, or simulated Carbon Fiber.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Really, I never would have thought that would be the case. I would assume the Reserve Speedway has real carbon fiber.
NO!!! Absolutely the speedway has real carbon fiber. I thought you meant is there fake CF in general!:eek:hmy:

Go to an auto parts store sometime and check out all the simulated carbon fiber accessories for the fast and furious tuners.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Thanks for the info Banned. That is what I meant when asking the question. I was pretty sure the Speedy would have real carbon fiber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts