1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discount Watch Store Review
Invicta Pro Diver 8926OB

Packaging:

This Invicta Pro Diver comes completely wrapped in plastic, packaged in a yellow clam shell box, contained within a white outer sleeve. Also included is a universal Instruction Manual, covering many different types of watch configurations offered by Invicta, and an Extended Warranty application form.

Case, Dial, Crystal, and Bracelet:

The case measures in at 40 mm in diameter, 44 mm including the crown, a 30 mm dial/crystal opening, and is 13.5 mm in overall case thickness not including the Cyclops. The sides of the case are polished and feature the Invicta logo machined into the opposite side of the crown. The top of the lugs are brushed flowing right into the bracelet. It is 200 m water resistant and features a screw down crown. The bezel is super tight (almost impossible to turn when applying downward pressure) but should loosen over time (a little lubricant might help) and is 120 clicks around.

The dial is a black matte finish with applied mirror polished hour markers filled with a small amount of Tritinite luminous material. All of the markers are round, except for a triangular marker at the 12 o’clock position and rectangular ones at 6 and 9 o’clock. The dial also features a plethora of information including the company name and logo, automatic professional, 200 m water resistant, and Japan Mov’t. The Mercedes style hands are typical of the Pro Diver series and I’ve always enjoyed the long slender second hand balanced with the Invicta cross and wing symbol.

This bracelet measures 20 mm at the lugs, tapering down to 18 mm at the clasp, and each link is 3.5 mm thick. Invicta is known for providing ample bracelets and this is no exception measuring at a maximum of 8 1/2 inches with 6 removable links. The sandwich style flip lock clasp holds firm and features four micro adjustments. The polished center links are so finely polished they almost look wet and the brushed outer links tie the bracelet nicely into the brushed lugs. The folded end links fit snuggly without any play or gaps. Although the bracelet links are solid stainless steel, it feels light on my wrist, but I’m used to much heavier watches.

The crystal is a hardened mineral and the date magnifier, or Cyclops, appears to be a 2x or maybe a 2.5x magnifier.

Lume:

The Tritinite luminous material used by Invicta, is applied to the minute hand, hour hand, second hand, hour markers, and a luminous dot at the 12 o’clock position on the bezel. To test the lume, I placed the watch outside in indirect light for approximately 15 minutes, and then brought the watch inside a dark room to track how long the lume would last.

This first picture was taken immediately after bringing the watch inside:

This second shot is a ½ hour later after which the lume was barely visible on camera, and was not visible to the naked eye shortly after.

Movement:

The movement may be the most exciting part of this watch. Historically, Invicta has used the Miyota 8215 and Seiko NH25A in the Pro Diver, but now they are using the Seiko NH35A. In my humble opinion, the NH35A is an upgrade over the previous two featuring superb accuracy and the ability to hand-wind and hack; a better mechanical automatic movement cannot be found at this price point.

Overall impression:

What more can be said about this watch. The Pro Diver 8926 put Invicta on the map, a staple of any Invicta collection, and is historically their most popular model. This is the perfect watch to start a collection. For those with an extensive collection who want an every-day watch, it’s also a great option. The fit, finish, and build quality make this watch an excellent value at this price point. The only draw backs, in my opinion, are the folded end links, a light feel to the bracelet, and the luminous material, but when you take the price into consideration you couldn’t expect more from a watch. These are just my personal preferences and if they’re deal breakers, for you, take a look at the Invicta Pro Diver 9937, also available at Discount Watch Store. If you want an impressive, well built watch, and you’re on a budget or need a solid beater you certainly can’t go wrong with the 8926. Taking everything into consideration, I’m giving it five out of five stars.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Great review! I have to totally agree with you about NH35A. I was so impressed with it that I bought the one Zai sent me to review. Now I have Pro Divers with all the different automatic movements, the Miyota 8215, the ETA 2824, Sellita SW200, and now the NH35A.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I vwent to three sites that sell the new 8926 and all have it listed as a mineral crystal. The watch also doesn't say flame fusion on the back. Sorry no flame fusion here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
if you go to the invicta site you will see that say flame fusion-i think invicta put to all new watches this crystal that is better from mineral...

·
Banned
964 Posts
All Invicta 8926 models using the nh25 or nh35 come with FF crystal, you can read this on Invictas site as mentioned however I agree the newer nh35 is much improved over the nh25 and is a nice change.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what I've heard the NH25 is being discontinued by the manufacturer and any watches featuring it will shift to the NH35.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
964 Posts
Where was this heard I ask. I agree your probably right but it wasn't announced that way, so where was it you heard this? lol.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe I read it somewhere here or WUS and have observed all models from Invicta that featured the NH25 shift to the NH35.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
964 Posts
You did a review of thr 8926, that review has been done thosands of times on hundreds of websites, the only thing diffrent is the movement but most already knew that. This is a slow moving review giving no new information and just repeating information found everywhere. Also some of the information provided is wrong and the same wrong information you provide is contridicated on Invictas own website.

You misrepresented the crystal material and gave the impression the bracelt was somehow less in quality when infact its the exact same bracelt they used from the start.

You seem to be taking my points further than it was intended when I posted them. Opinions and deficiencies with the product should be included in every review, but as I said, should be made in a respectful manner for the business. That is the limit of my argument.

If you have issue with my review you should have posted them under my review.

I did not chose to do a review of the 8926. The reviewer does not have a choice in what gets sent to him. I know the 8926 has been done a thousand times and I chose to write my review for those who might be looking at it for the first time not for people who already are familiar with it. When you say most already know these things you are limiting your field of view to only those that participate in forums which probably represent less than 10% of those buying these watches. These are not reviews written for the forum and its members who are uber educated about the product but for those who might be seeing the watch for the first time.

The crystal is listed as FF on Invicta's 2011 catalog, but three websites that currently sell the 8926 all list it as a mineral crystal. Without a 2012 catalog and taking into account the information from these websites with Invicta's history of mistakes in their descriptions I opted for the mineral crystal. The magnification appeared to me, to be at least 2X and possibly more. The bracelet is the same, and I don't say there is anything wrong with it, but in my opinion it felt light. I qualify this in my review by saying that I'm used to heavier bracelets.

If you want to continue to discuss my review please do so in the appropriate thread.
Ok, lets continue then. Any review should be done as the poster sees fits especially as you say if its not done here but done for or at another site and if this was your intention then why put it here?

Most of the so called websites never update anything infact many are using photos and descriptions from years ago. Invicta has been using FF since 2010, this is nothing new and I would think you would know this, they changed the hands also when the new crystal was changed incase you missed that. Also almost none of the sellers give a movement description other then Japan automatic and any 8926 models coming with a 8215 (will have mineral) or NH25A (will have FF crystal) are nos, all new stock will be supplied with the NH35A with FF crystal as announced by Invicta earlier upon the movements release.

·
Banned
964 Posts
My suggestion is don't be so fast to jump on the review wagon until your certain of the all the aspects of these watches. I've had Invicta since 2002 and tend to know quite abit of their past and present.

Also at the present time I could not recommend the 9937 to anyone as the $300 asking price is not in range with whats now being offered with this watch. The previous styles with the ETA movement and sapphire crystal can command that price but with the SW200 and FF crystal the watch has been cheapened. This can be backed up with the fact that there is alot of stock on the market of the 9937 models that isn't selling, used to be as soon as the next production run was released they sell out very fast and if you wanted one you had to buy fast or wait for the next batch, not anymore their everywhere and a very hard sell at the asking price.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ok, lets continue then. Any review should be done as the poster sees fits especially as you say if its not done here but done for or at another site and if this was your intention then why put it here?
No that is not what I said. I agree any review should be done as the poster sees fit here on WTF as long as its respectful to others. I simply feel that when doing reviews under the employ of another the reviewer should be honest in their evaluation but respectful of the employers business. I felt the other review took too many liberties and went too far with the jokes. I posted my comment and the OP responded, there is no need to continue, and no need to carry an extinguished torch. Its perfectly OK to have different opinions, and thats the great thing about these reviews being posted here. They will create alot of discussion, and isn't that why we are here.

Most of the so called websites never update anything infact many are using photos and descriptions from years ago. Invicta has been using FF since 2010, this is nothing new and I would think you would know this, they changed the hands also when the new crystal was changed incase you missed that. Also almost none of the sellers give a movement description other then Japan automatic and any 8926 models coming with a 8215 (will have mineral) or NH25A (will have FF crystal) are nos, all new stock will be supplied with the NH35A with FF crystal as announced by Invicta earlier upon the movements release.
Yes, Invicta switched from Sapphire to almost exclusively FF but not all of their models have FF crystals and some still feature mineral. Invicta constatntly makes adjustments to their watches so why is it out of the realm of possibility that with the NH35A/2012 version they switched to mineral. Maybe they switched back and forth between the two materials. Remember the 8926 makes no mention of FF on the case back as is Invicta's norm. I decided to take the take a safe approach as documented by the majority of sources available absent any up to date documentation from the manufacturer.

BTW... the new Grand Divers with the NH35A movement are also mineral crystal

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My suggestion is don't be so fast to jump on the review wagon until your certain of the all the aspects of these watches. I've had Invicta since 2002 and tend to know quite abit of their past and present.
Is anything truly certain when it come to Invicta.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ALL model of invicta have FF crystal..and new grand diver and new 8926 with nh35....go to invicta site and you will see!!!finish this about crystal!

·
Banned
964 Posts
Yes they do, they almost all do, not sure why he insists on arguing about a crystal. Most sellers use old pics as well as descriptions, its actually hard to find a seller with the correct description I was even able to find sellers with pics of the 9937 showing the ETA movement and case holes and many others showing a pic of the 8926 scalloped bezel while the description says coin bezel, this is very common and confusing to buyers. Always contact the seller first to be sure what your buying. While I agree you will see FF on the caseback of some models it is not always there.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tolis, the latest versions of these watches aren't even listed on Invicta's website. Please provide a link to your source.

Why is it so hard to believe they made a change? They upgraded the movement maybe its a cost cutting measure to compensate for the added cost of the NH35A movement.

Quote from another forum: "FYI...I was watching the Midnight to 1am show online from last night at 55:02 into the show and Micheal confirmed that the New Grand Diver Version is still using the Hardened Mineral Crystal (front & back) instead of the Flame Fusion..."

I guess only time will tell when the updated catalog comes out.

·
Banned
964 Posts
Lets go over a few improvements made to the watch.
The movement of course is the biggest, being able to finally hack this watch is a feature many have wanted for a very long time and now its a fast set watch, I really like this alot.
The movement holder is no longer a plactic ring. I like this alot also makes for a better quality looking movement.
The watch is also heavier then before making it feel more significant on the wrist or in your hand.
The dial is set deeper in the case, just like the 9937 model.
The bezel is tight and lines up perfectly.
The date window which is a 2.0 mag also sits perfectly over the disc, no more misaligned cyclops.
This is by far the very best 8926 ever made very well done by Invicta, there is no need to buy the 9937 anymore (esspecailly since they no longer have the ETA movement), the 8926 is better then ever and the improvements made move this watch to the next level. Thank you Invicta great job.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discount Watch Store Review
Invicta Pro Diver 8926OB

Packaging:

This Invicta Pro Diver comes completely wrapped in plastic, packaged in a yellow clam shell box, contained within a white outer sleeve. Also included is a universal Instruction Manual, covering many different types of watch configurations offered by Invicta, and an Extended Warranty application form.

Case, Dial, Crystal, and Bracelet:

The case measures in at 40 mm in diameter, 44 mm including the crown, a 30 mm dial/crystal opening, and is 13.5 mm in overall case thickness not including the Cyclops. The sides of the case are polished and feature the Invicta logo machined into the opposite side of the crown. The top of the lugs are brushed flowing right into the bracelet. It is 200 m water resistant and features a screw down crown. The bezel is super tight (almost impossible to turn when applying downward pressure) but should loosen over time (a little lubricant might help) and is 120 clicks around.

The dial is a black matte finish with applied mirror polished hour markers filled with a small amount of Tritinite luminous material. All of the markers are round, except for a triangular marker at the 12 o’clock position and rectangular ones at 6 and 9 o’clock. The dial also features a plethora of information including the company name and logo, automatic professional, 200 m water resistant, and Japan Mov’t. The Mercedes style hands are typical of the Pro Diver series and I’ve always enjoyed the long slender second hand balanced with the Invicta cross and wing symbol.

This bracelet measures 20 mm at the lugs, tapering down to 18 mm at the clasp, and each link is 3.5 mm thick. Invicta is known for providing ample bracelets and this is no exception measuring at a maximum of 8 1/2 inches with 6 removable links. The sandwich style flip lock clasp holds firm and features four micro adjustments. The polished center links are so finely polished they almost look wet and the brushed outer links tie the bracelet nicely into the brushed lugs. The folded end links fit snuggly without any play or gaps. Although the bracelet links are solid stainless steel, it feels light on my wrist, but I’m used to much heavier watches.

The crystal is a hardened mineral and the date magnifier, or Cyclops, appears to be a 2x or maybe a 2.5x magnifier.

Lume:

The Tritinite luminous material used by Invicta, is applied to the minute hand, hour hand, second hand, hour markers, and a luminous dot at the 12 o’clock position on the bezel. To test the lume, I placed the watch outside in indirect light for approximately 15 minutes, and then brought the watch inside a dark room to track how long the lume would last.

This first picture was taken immediately after bringing the watch inside:

This second shot is a ½ hour later after which the lume was barely visible on camera, and was not visible to the naked eye shortly after.

Movement:

The movement may be the most exciting part of this watch. Historically, Invicta has used the Miyota 8215 and Seiko NH25A in the Pro Diver, but now they are using the Seiko NH35A. In my humble opinion, the NH35A is an upgrade over the previous two featuring superb accuracy and the ability to hand-wind and hack; a better mechanical automatic movement cannot be found at this price point.

Overall impression:

What more can be said about this watch. The Pro Diver 8926 put Invicta on the map, a staple of any Invicta collection, and is historically their most popular model. This is the perfect watch to start a collection. For those with an extensive collection who want an every-day watch, it’s also a great option. The fit, finish, and build quality make this watch an excellent value at this price point. The only draw backs, in my opinion, are the folded end links, a light feel to the bracelet, and the luminous material, but when you take the price into consideration you couldn’t expect more from a watch. These are just my personal preferences and if they’re deal breakers, for you, take a look at the Invicta Pro Diver 9937, also available at Discount Watch Store. If you want an impressive, well built watch, and you’re on a budget or need a solid beater you certainly can’t go wrong with the 8926. Taking everything into consideration, I’m giving it five out of five stars.

Great review I like it let 2156 or know it all do his own review. MOP ok 2156

1 - 20 of 26 Posts