WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand from Google that there are 4 grades of ETA 2824 movements.
There is not a Tudor forum here and my question is which grade would go into a Tudor Prince, case size 34mm?
All I know is that when I hold one of my Longines's 2824's up to my ear and shake it sounds like it's about to rattle apart.
and my Tudor 2824 sounds much more quiet.

If this is the wrong forum maybe the Moderator could move to the correct one?

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
No worries, you can ask here. The grade has little to do with the amount of noise you hear. The Tudor probably has a thicker case and is therefore more soundproof. It also might be better secured inside the case, but a watchmaker would have to see the watches in person to show you if there's a difference in the mounting hardware.

Very few companies tell you what grade of ETA movement they use, but if it isn't chronometer rated it's a safe bet it's an Elaboré.

Here's a link to tell you the differences - because we're all about educational postings here.

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/general-discussion-forum/48697.htm

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the answers. Now I'm curious. If this Tudor 2824 Is a COSC grade, would there be a COSC number somewhere on the movement?
I have the Rolex case back removal tools so easy for me to take off the back.

I bought this Tudor Prince (orange Dial) to be a companion and friend to my Rolex Perpetual Date, also 34mm.
I would like to post a photo of both of them together but there seems to be a little friction and difficult to get their cooperation.
Perhaps later when things calm down, LOL.

·
Super Moderator
16,575 Posts
A COSC number? No- only if it were submitted to the Controle Officiel Suisse des Chronometres (which would then run the movement through an assortment of tests to prove its accuracy) would it get a certificate and number. And Rolex doesn't submit Tudors to the COSC lab.

Having a COSC-grade movement and a COSC-tested movement are two different animals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.