WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That the worlds first digital watch began measuring time on May 6,1970.

Pulsar-Made by Hamilton

(occasionally available for a song at garage sales:D:D:D)

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
Ouch! Please don't make me feel worse than I do over that watch. . . it really was a beauty even though the only way to set it was to take out the small magnet inside the clasp and insert it in a slot on the side of the case to make the time progress forward.:crying:

The watch was given to me by the original owner who hated the fact that you had to push a button to read the time. When I walked into work the first morning wearing that watch, one of my colleagues who was very big into tech stuff almost died since he coveted one of these Pulsars.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can recall seeing the Pulsar in the window of a Boston jeweler and thinking that it was the coolest watch I had ever seen.
And it only gave the time and date and you had to push a button to make the display light up!
Times change!!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I think everyone thought they were pretty cool looking watches and now they sell for a fortune is they are still functional.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Nice watch Foggy!

How the heck did we loose such an industry that was at the forefront of such developments..Hamilton winning the race for the first electrical watch, Bulova with the Accutron movement , Hamilton with the digital...We kicked the Swiss's a$$. Now all of our heritage is owned by Swiss, European and Japanese watch companies capitalizing on American success and legacy.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Now you have me stumped Jeff; I thought Seiko owned Pulsar!
I had better go back and re-read about the joint venture between Seiko and Hamilton back in their earlier history... :confused1:

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now you have me stumped Jeff; I thought Seiko owned Pulsar!
I had better go back and re-read about the joint venture between Seiko and Hamilton back in their earlier history... :confused1:

I'm not sure- but this is not related to the Seiko Pulsar.
I am inclined to believe that when the watch ceased being popular Hamilton probably dumped the name and Seiko got it.

I'm sure the truth is out there but I'm too lazy to seek it out!!
:001_tt2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts