WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my grandmother's watch. It's stamped inside with Hamilton, 17 jewels, movement 774 but I can't locate a serial number besides the case # 5689642. Could anyone send me in the right direction to identify this beautiful watch???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
1. Do a search in the forum on "Diamond" and you'll see similar questions. Ladies diamond watches were made by Hamilton but many times jewelers would re-case a Hamilton movement into a private case. Look inside the case back. If it says "Hamilton" somewhere it is probably a Hamilton case. If not, it's a private label case with a Hamilton movement.

2. If you're lucky and if the case back says Hamilton, you may spot your watch in the catalogs but you'll need to go year by year. Your movement (774) is probably a late 1950's or later movement so you can start there.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
The oval shape shows up in the 60's but it seems that we don't have the diamond model pages from a few years in the early 60's. There are many models with that basic shape throughout the later 60's catalogs which you can find here. http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/hamilton-watch-forum/42402-4.htm

I can find the basic shape but not that particular diamond arrangement. My best guess could only be that it either appears in the earlier missing pages or is an early 70's model for which we do not have the pages yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the information gentleman....I had no idea the time frame soyou definately sent me in the direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts