just judgeing interest in a dial with similar numbering
yes this is a Seiko dial, and it would have a 4 oclock spot for date

for lots or reasons, lets not
get into a dial design, thread :)

would like one on my Bronzebat but darn old
Chris says the only way to be cost effective
is for 100 of em

no i am not taking pre orders, nor is Chris
this is just to see if any other folks have an interest and if so how many...

so Ladies, any interest??

I will update this post with counts

1) Bill Wilson - 2 dials
2)
3)

(98 more to go)

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
I like the hands, but that isn't the question is it..

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Looks just about like every other military style dial I've seen, i.e. my Marathon T-SAR. I think Lum-Tec likes to be a little more original..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Sorry, Bill -- this is not a dial design I particularly like. However, I'd love to see a watch with a simple internal rotating 12hr bezel with a similar face to this. To me, that would be a very useful watch --- without going to the need for a GMT movement.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not my cup of tea really, but I'd like to encourage you to keep posting ideas.

This is really something that makes LT so special, to listen to our wishes (except for that darn domed crystal that is).

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
246 Posts
Clearly understood Bill! Just that a 1-12 / 13-24 doesn't float my boat. I like the stencilled "army style numbers" on the Abyss a lot though.

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not to hijack my own thread
but sure would be nice to pick up and feel/smell/fondle these things at a Local AD.........

would really cut down on my Web time LOL

AND prob would result in more purchases.....

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
What about starting a thread which could/should be made sticky that we post our dial ideas or better still designs. That way Chris can hopefully gain extra inspiration from right here.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What about starting a thread which could/should be made sticky that we post our dial ideas or better still designs. That way Chris can hopefully gain extra inspiration from right here.
This is a good idea. And we can gain some sense of popularity by "liking" the designs we...er...like, rather than voting. Let's do IT!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I prefer the more military style of that font you suggest ( in my opinion anyway ) rather than the more cartoon style offered on the bronze bat. I could do without the 24hr markings though. I'd like to see classic A or B style Flieger markings, then the bronze bat would be perfect.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.