WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the deployment clasp fit onto a strap that originally came with a tang buckle? Or do you have to get a strap that specifically caters for the deployment? Because I've noticed that the strap that holds the buckle is shorter than the one that goes on a clasp.

I would appreciate the info. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Will the deployment clasp fit onto a strap that originally came with a tang buckle? Or do you have to get a strap that specifically caters for the deployment? Because I've noticed that the strap that holds the buckle is shorter than the one that goes on a clasp. I would appreciate the info. Thanks!
It depends on the model and the strap that came with it. In general, IWC's straps were made to fit either or. I think IWC made a change in recent years to accommodate both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just picked up a 3717-01 with a 21x18mm strap, came with a tang buckle. I guess we will have to see first, if not, gotta order another strap haha.

Thanks for the info!

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
My daddy got deployment claps, during r and r in the Philippines back in ww2.
You beat me to a nice set up. :laugh:

I've never been in the service so I can't speak about deployment claps. However, I have owned a few IWC watches that have deployant clasps. It seems the buckle side of the strap is shorter than normal, and the side with the holes is longer when the watch comes with a deployant clasp. The tang buckle will still work, but it won't be at the bottom of your wrist - it'll be a little off to the side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts