WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon the noobish question but my Sea Gull M187s is on its way and I wanted to get a replacement leather band. What I wanted to know was can deployant clasps be added to standard leather bands? Or are bands bought with the clasp pre installed? Or even still, are bands sold that are specifically made to add a clasp to at a later time? Your answers are much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
Any standard strap can accept either a flip-over or a pushbutton deployent clasp.
Just as a spring bar holds the strap to the case, a spring bar also is used to attach the tang buckle. (1)Remove the old spring bar. (2) Remove the buckle hasp and tang. (3) Take the deployent's spring bar and insert it into the strap. (4) Attach the clasp. (5) Save the tang, hasp, and old spring bar in case you want to put the buckle back on at a later date, or just to have a spare emergency buckle.
Special note: deployent clasps come in different sizes, so measure the width of the strap at the buckle to make sure you order the correct size clasp.

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
Yeah, yeah...so sue me! :lol: The site I took that depl...whatever clasp from spelled it with a Y-E and
I was really getting sleep-deprived. :blink:

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
If I remember correctly (which is getting rarer each year) I don't believe I ever did. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.