WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The National Watch & Clock Museum is considering hosting an event that will focus on vintage wristwatches using the television show "Mad Men" as inspiration. As a starting point, we are trying to compile a list of watches seen in the show.

We don't want to reinvent the wheel is someone has already tackled this task and would be willing to share thier list with us. Anyone?

Thanks,
Noel Poirier

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Thanks for the links to the other posts. Very helpful to get us started!

Have you tried contacting the network or show publicist? Depending on the exhibit and exposure they may cooperate. If they did, you might even be able to get some exclusive wrist shots. Who knows, they might turn you down flat or even ignore you, but if they do what have you lost?

This could also greatly limit the chance for errors. Worth a try?

Maybe even try to team up with a charitable organization and up the odds of cooperation?My favorites are Saint Baldricks and Make a Wish, both childrens' cancer charities.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
If you'd like help tracking down the right people to contact let me know. I used to be a P.I., so I'm pretty good at info gathering and I've had doors slammed in my face enough that it doesn't bother me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts