WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Would you wait for the date Daytona, or purchase now?

• I would purchase the Daytona now.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I would wait until the Date Daytona was released.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • I have no interest in purchasing a Daytona.

Votes: 4 22.2%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If Rolex states that in year 2012*, the Daytonas would have a date window. Would you wait to purchase the new Daytona, or would you purchase one now if the oppurtunity arose?

*Note: Rolex has not publicly stated they would or would not have a date window in the Daytona. This is a hypothetical question to generate discussion on the topic. :)

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Absolutely - wait for the date! Of course with the date window would come a extra $3,800 price... :T :biggrin:

Think I'll go put myself on the AD waiting list now for that 2012 date..... :wink: :cool1:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have to say my heart skipped a beat before I read the disclaimer.

I'd buy now because I'd be able to sell it nearer to the time the new one was ready to hit the streets anyway. It's hard to imagine the demand for the Daytona (especially SS) softening.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I've been a lurker here (well, the old site) for a couple months, patiently reading and doing research.

I had to chime in on this. I voted for waiting, because I find myself really wanting the date on any watch on my wrist. This also why I would have to pass on the Millgauss, as much as I like the simple styling and the technological advances.

·
Registered
20,790 Posts
Man, I was wondering how long it would be before we were tempted with that WG Meteorite... Nice picture Steve!!! :drool: :drool:

Now if that was on the poll, I'd have grabbed it! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Gorgeous picture Steve!

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,

I've been a lurker here (well, the old site) for a couple months, patiently reading and doing research.

I had to chime in on this. I voted for waiting, because I find myself really wanting the date on any watch on my wrist. This also why I would have to pass on the Millgauss, as much as I like the simple styling and the technological advances.
Nomaded:

Welcome aboard WTF!!! :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
24,978 Posts
I have to say my heart skipped a beat before I read the disclaimer.

I'd buy now because I'd be able to sell it nearer to the time the new one was ready to hit the streets anyway. It's hard to imagine the demand for the Daytona (especially SS) softening.

In this hypothical example, there's no disadvantage to buying one now (assuming you have the option to do so) and selling one later when the date version is available (assuming you can readily buy one at retail). You'd probobly make 2-3k on the deal too. :cool1:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Man, that Daytona looks really nice ! :001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

I didn't vote yet. I have to know what it looks like. A Daytona does not really look like it could a have date display somewhere on the dial, and still look nice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, I would wait as IMO I think the Daytona would be the perfect watch if it had the date feature.

Based on the current Daytona waiting lists you would have to place your order now for the 20012 model anyway :lol:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I can't understand the "need" or insistance on a date function on a watch...

Convenient ?? Possibly.....until you pass 50, then it's easier to ask someone if you really need to know what date it is rather than look all over for the "cheater" specs..

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can't understand the "need" or insistance on a date function on a watch...

Convenient ?? Possibly.....until you pass 50, then it's easier to ask someone if you really need to know what date it is rather than look all over for the "cheater" specs..

Not unless you put a cyclops on the dial !! :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts