2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M53 or M54? That is the question...

Lum-Tec.com Photos:

Reactions: emathieu

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well, I guess it's all relative. If you don't have a brown dial in your collection, you may want to go that route. I have a couple of Hamiltons with rose gold pvd and brown dials and love 'em. You don't see a lot of brown dials out there, and, to my mind, they tend to have a vintage feel.

The black dial with the bronze looks incredibly sharp -- but, I think that the brown dial makes the watch more unique and interesting.

There's my two cents...:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Well, I guess it's all relative. If you don't have a brown dial in your collection, you may want to go that route. I have a couple of Hamiltons with rose gold pvd and brown dials and love 'em. You don't see a lot of brown dials out there, and, to my mind, they tend to have a vintage feel.

The black dial with the bronze looks incredibly sharp -- but, I think that the brown dial makes the watch more unique and interesting.

There's my two cents...:wink:
I get what you're saying, here, but a bronze watch -- particularly a bronze with, someday, a rich brownish patina -- already has strong brown undertones. A black dial means black straps still make sense. A tan or brown strap would also work with a black dial/bronze case, but a black strap with a brown dial doesn't work for me.

I agree that a brown dial watch is great to have in a collection; I'd make that watch something other than my bronze M, that's all. With your two cents and mine, we can afford the corner of a postage stamp! :lol:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
M53 or M54? That is the question...
M53 for me, I concur with all that Ladd said.

Besides, I already have a bronze watch with brown dial and I am not all that crazy about how it looks.
I'm expecting LTs watch will look better but still go for the black dial for much of the same reasons Ladd already mentioned.

·
Registered
183 Posts
M53 or M54?

I'm struggling with the same decision. I just recently got the bronze Magrette which has a brown dial, so I am leaning towards the M53. Still not sure though.

these come online at midnight?
That would be awesome if so, as I am traveling tomorrow, and want to make sure I get whichever I decide. I have a feeling these are going to sell out quickly. Flight isn't until 9:30am though, so I'll be watching the site.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
I'm struggling with the same decision. I just recently got the bronze Magrette which has a brown dial, so I am leaning towards the M53. Still not sure though.

That would be awesome if so, as I am traveling tomorrow, and want to make sure I get whichever I decide. I have a feeling these are going to sell out quickly. Flight isn't until 9:30am though, so I'll be watching the site.
We will start adding these around midnight.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I certainly don't want you to make a decision based on my questionable taste, but I have seen a bronze case with brown dial. That was enough for me. Somehow it is a perfect match. This particular watch had developed it's patina. It was perfect. I don't think black would do it for me after seeing it.

But, this stuff is so dependent on personal taste.... I do admit to never having seen a bronze case with a black dial, so what do I really know?

Tough isn't it?

You get the black dial and we'll trade back and forth every year. Best of both worlds....

·
Registered
618 Posts
While I, personally, think the bronze M's will sell out FAST, in this case, I think "fast" means "one to two months" So there's no hurry.

Of course, I'm going to place my order before going to bed tonight, and take advantage of the 3-hour time difference.

(the website is partially updated already, although you can't see the new models, or order anything)

·
Registered
183 Posts
While I, personally, think the bronze M's will sell out FAST, in this case, I think "fast" means "one to two months" So there's no hurry.

Of course, I'm going to place my order before going to bed tonight, and take advantage of the 3-hour time difference.

(the website is partially updated already, although you can't see the new models, or order anything)
Stop being logical. :wink: Let me believe that there are hundreds of people hitting "refresh" on the Lüm-Tec site just waiting for these new bronze Ms to be available and I'm one of the lucky few to get one.

Yes, this is a sickness... :blink:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Stop being logical. :wink: Let me believe that there are hundreds of people hitting "refresh" on the Lüm-Tec site just waiting for these new bronze Ms to be available and I'm one of the lucky few to get one.

Yes, this is a sickness... :blink:

I'm one of your "hundreds". Maybe it's just me and you, but guess what?

WE'RE GONNA GET ONE!! (sick as we are)

2314hr EST. And counting....

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
I'm one of your "hundreds". Maybe it's just me and you, but guess what?

WE'RE GONNA GET ONE!! (sick as we are)

2314hr EST. And counting....
THOUSANDS of people are on our website right now. We upgraded servers to the max. I hope she can hold it! A few more minutes and i press the "enable" button :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
And my decision has been made, and pre-order placed. :laugh:

One M53 is mine! :drool:

Now the wait begins...

·
Registered
618 Posts
As I threatened to do...I ordered one of each!!

I'm holding off on the 300M for the moment, which may turn out to be a mistake...:blink:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts