WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual I started a New Years resolution to buy no new (new or preowned) watches this year.

As usual, I didn't keep the resolution.

But I can usually go at least 30 days.. Not this year. 14 days was the number.

Oh well, at least I have a new (preowned) INCOMING!!! :thumbup:

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Once a serial flipper, always a serial flipper. Your New Year's resolution should have been not to make a watch related New Year's resolution. :laugh:

Okay, are we guessing or are you gonna give us a pic or two from the seller?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I made a resolution not to make any more resolutions about 10 years ago. It's the first one I've ever kept!

Oh yeah.... where are the pictures?! You know the rules!

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No pictures, the seller didn't have any to send me. He said his camera was stolen while on a missionary trip last month and he hasn't replaced it yet. But he said since he's a pastor I can trust him and he described the watch in writing to me. Since he said he's a pastor and I saw it on the internet it has to be legit, right? So I said I'm good to go, nothing to worry about when the box gets here and then I can post pictures up for you guys.

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow.. I can NOT believe none of you, especially Dennis, didn't call BS on me for that story!!!! :confused1: :confused1: :laugh:

I said the guy:
Couldn't send me any pictures
I've never met him
Said he was a pastor and I should just trust him
Is overseas

You really think I'm buying any watch under those circumstances? Sure, right after my long-lost rich uncle in Nigeria wires me that $10 million I have coming... :huh: :lol:

Sellers pic below. It's a Christopher Ward C15 "Henley". Normally I'm not a fan of cream dials, but for this one I like it. It's on the bracelet, but I'll be adding a brown croco strap for everyday wear and a black croco for dress attire. Bracelet may be worn a bit in the summer, but I'm thinking this watch just screams to be on a nice strap. I'll be the only tonneau shaped watch in the house, so I'm looking forward to it. I've actually been looking for one of these for about 9 months or so. Been hard to find!

Anyways, a quick pic. More pics coming once I get it...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
As a guy who deals with fraud cases nearly every day, I couldn't believe you would get involved in that kind of a deal. But I figured you're no newbie and there had to be some kind of back-story that I wasn't aware of.

Love that CW! Their build quality is way above their price.

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As a guy who deals with fraud cases nearly every day, I couldn't believe you would get involved in that kind of a deal. But I figured you're no newbie and there had to be some kind of back-story that I wasn't aware of.

Love that CW! Their build quality is way above their price.

Yea, I'd never do anything like that unless I knew the guy personally. I was trying to get Dennis to call me out on it, guess I'll have to be more 'extreme' next time. LOL! This'll be the first CW for me. Heard nothing but good about them, so I'm looking forward to it!

·
Registered
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not sure I want to know what that means!
Bill, you need to get a copy of your Official Watch Talk Forum dictionary:

To go "Dennis Style": A) A man wearing a watch that looks small on his wrist that it gets strange looks from strangers. B) A 'mens' watch that could be worn by the majority of women, yet very few of the men. C) A watch under 40mm, and preferably under 36mm. :001_tt2: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Bill, you need to get a copy of your Official Watch Talk Forum dictionary:

To go "Dennis Style": A) A man wearing a watch that looks small on his wrist that it gets strange looks from strangers. B) A 'mens' watch that could be worn by the majority of women, yet very few of the men. C) A watch under 40mm, and preferably under 36mm. :001_tt2: :lol: :lol:
That means practically the whole American Vintage Forum and about 3/4 of the Swiss Vintage Forum goes Dennis Style. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.