WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that even a word? Ohh well, I figured I would show you the watch I wear everyday.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Very nice.. And if you're gonna have a daily wearer, that's one of the best to have. You wear that thing out - you're doing some serious work!!

And I really like the Pro I bracelet. I like the angles on the Pro II, but given the choice I'll take the Pro I anyday... I've been trying to find one for my SO - no luck so far...

Thanks for the pics!! :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Great watch. Have to admit, the brushed steel finish is far more practical for a daily wearer than the polished steel that most of them seem to be now.
Wear in good health :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
I love the ChronoAvenger. Too bad they stopped making it.

Here's the one I had

JohnR - They are FANTASTIC pics of an outstanding watch :drool:

How come the ChronoAvenger is still in the 2007 catalogue? Has it just been removed?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Chrono Avenger. Mine gets plenty of wrist time as well. To bad it has been discontinued. The stainless steel cased Avenger Skyland has taken its place. Pretty much the same watch but in SS and measures 45mm(44mm for the Ti CA).

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
JohnR - They are FANTASTIC pics of an outstanding watch :drool:

How come the ChronoAvenger is still in the 2007 catalogue? Has it just been removed?

They're in the '07, but not the '08 Chronolog... The Chrono Avenger has been replaced by the Avenger Skyland. Very similar as both use the calibre 13, but the small changes are:

The Skyland is stainless steel, where the Chrono Avenger was Titanium. (obviously the biggest noticable difference)
Skyland is 45mm vs. 44 for the Chrono Avenger
Skyland is 144 gr. vs. 100 for the Chrono Avenger (due to the steel vs. titanium
Slightly different font on the numbers of the dial & the Skyland added "automatic" in red above the 6 o'clock sub-dial

Very slight differences, except the fact ones stainless steel where the other was titanium....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Daily wearer--that's a phrase I use all the time. Categories I often employ for my own collection are:

1. Two Zone, World Time
2. Alarm
3. Big Date
4. Chronographs
5. Daily Wearer
6. Divers
7. Dress
8. Hand wound
9. Perpetuals/Complete Calendar
10. Pilot

This is just my own list, essentially categorized by complication.

I like your Chrono Avenger. This same watch was worn by Leonardo DiCaprio in the movie "Blood Diamond" and they show a couple of decent shots of the dial. Frankly, it is the kind of watch you want to wear when people are shooting bullets at you! (LOL). Great watch, congratulations. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts