WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gents,

this is the watch that I've worn for the past three years for almost every single day (and night). I've been wearing it when exchanging the car tires, hauling stones in the yard, working on the house, on hiking trips, on formal occasions with suit and tie and most important to me: when my ten months old daughter was born... No matter what I've done to it, except for a few minor scratches on the AR coating, it never let me down and after it had been regulated by the LT Team, is was +/- two seconds PER MONTH!!!

Albeit, one day on a walk it just stopped drop dead and didn't move one bit. So of course I sent it off to LT to have a new movement installed, regulated and while at it, I wanted to have the AR coating removed both top and bottom side of the crystal. Today I got it back from the States and it looks just as good as new, if not better. For an invoice that wouldn't buy you a new G-Shock. I'm DEEPLY impressed with this watch, even after three years. Lots of valuable memories go with it and what was originally planned to be a tough watch when needed, has turned out to be my all time favorite daily beater for any and all occasions.

Let me share a few snap shots with you:

Watch Analog watch Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Automotive design

Sleeve Eyewear Gadget Font Bag

(yes, I've ordered another set of the leather and rubber strap, just to have it all together in pristine condition, while still being able to wear it on my favorite strap: the rubber strap it came with)

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nice one Marc, my tungsten models are the ones I wear the most too.
Hopefully they hold up a looooong time to come.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That's a great story! No way I could say that for any other of my watches. Kudos for wearing it straight for 3 years! I have a Cobalt on order and can't wait to switch it up with my tungsten M27. I think Panerai must have the softest stainless steel I know. The thing picks up desk swirls like crazy. I've already sent it to my AD to get it polished. The bill was painful. I think the PAM will be relegated to evening wear for now. No such worries with Tungsten! I wipe it down every morning and the watch looks new. The AR coating is still intact but IMHO it is not of the same quality as some of my other watches. This is by no means a scientific test but i held my Aquadive, Glycine, M27, and Panerai at the same angle under a fluorescent overhead light source and looked at reflections. The Tungsten M27 definitely was the most reflective. I am hoping with the new "black hole" technology on my incoming Cobalt this unscientific study will produce another loser. Sorry for the random thoughts......was up all night.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm happy, you're happy, sir
"Dude" will do Signore Luga! CERTAINLY no need to make me feel older than I am:001_smile:

I'm hoping my M66 will treat me just as well as a daily wearer when I get it.
Bet your "three letters" mine will! I've ordered a 40mm M66 the very morning the pre-order opened. Freakin' awesome design with some stunning features, a great movement and a breathtaking material. All that for less than a grand?! Pinch me! - Though I want my M6 to be in perfectly original condition (except for the AR coating) the M66 will be "for play", so I might just purchase a 3135 movement for it one day. Then go ahead and post it on the Rolex forums:001_tt2: HAHAHAAA, I can see people go fully nuts over this, but let's face it: when it comes to "who builds the ultimate tool watch out there?" the answer is LT IMHO and that's why they continue to get my business. The movement might stop when used as a "knuckle duster" but hey, I'd rather have a movement exchanged every three years, then being a sissy that has to worry about swinging a punch towards somebody's face, 'cause the watch could get some scratches from that...:blink:

I think Panerai must have the softest stainless steel I know.
Ok, I don't wanna start yet another Panerai vs. LT discussion, but from my very own experience: yes, they scratch easily and when I destroyed the cg on my 176 a couple of weeks or so after receiving it (ran into the door frame or such), I had it up 'til here with dress watches being tool watches lookalikes! I rather have it the other way around and that's how I found LT in the first place, but enough of that.

I am hoping with the new "black hole" technology on my incoming Cobalt this unscientific study will produce another loser.
Ordered the M65 then, huh? The M63 and M66 have a charcoal grey dial. Anyway: reflection or no reflections, w/o the AR coating my ol' M6 looks right up there with my Omega and the Breitling I had once (a collegue bought it, so I still see it every now and then). So, you might give that some thought... I can tell you that I was truly amazed by the difference it made.

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nice watch, I love my Tungsten M24. I was kind of disappointmed when they said there would be no more tungstens. Tungsten has made me lose a lot of enthusiasm for stainless steel. I got mine with only the underside coating and you can't tell it's on there at all. I wiped off most of the purple coating on my other watches with windex and elbow grease and now they look great.

No name, you said you re-ordered another brown leather cordovan strap? That's the one I got with my M24 and I use it for a few watches it looks and feels so great. I was under the impression they were all gone.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, that's a M6 I've got there, from the very first batch of tungsten watches LT ever made. These came with a calf skin, a rubber strap and a tungsten bracelet. I ordered another leather and rubber strap long time ago, and put them in the box together with the certificate and all.

Having seen how some people pay up to 400-500 bucks or even more for a NOS strap from a certain Italien brand, made me wanna have one set to wear (as they are really good straps, even compared to those for three digits) and save the other ones brand new as collectibles in the box. I got the LT deployment buckle for the leather strap as well and I like it big times.

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ahh so you got them a while back. I was going to order a second leather band because I saw how much I was wearing it and knew it couldn't last forever but never got around to it. I wear mine with the M24, M9 and M500 and it looks great on all three. Last I looked at Lumtec's straps and accessories it wasn't there. They called it the brown leather cordovan. I've seen other straps that are close but there's always something that stops me from buying one. Too thin, not quite the right color, don't like the stitching etc.

It's surprisingly well made but I'm starting to see it wearing where the buckle pinches it. It's amazing the amount of high quality straps and bracelets you get from Lumtec for the price. Thier NATO strap is the best I've ever had.

I also have my eye on a carbon fiber strap with white stitching for my carbon fiber dialed M24. The all look to be about the same quality since they are essentially the same thing but I'm not sure on that.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought I'd post two snap shots I took, before leaving for a exhibition today:

White shirt, tan pullover, herringbone pattern jacket - the watch on its original (three year old) leather strap (which has been washed with saddle soap and oiled later on for a couple of dozen times over the years btw):

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Wrist

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Gadget

Cheers,

Marc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.